Did I Make A Bad Play Here?

This was a hand from a live tournament I played tonight. I think I should have pushed preflop due to my stack, but I know I played it right after the flop.8 handed 200/400 blindsMe: 3K~Villain: 8K+Villain calls (I've been at this table for about an orbit and he's at least limped every hand) I raise to 1K from the small blind with A4 of spades... BB folds, he calls.FLOP: AQ4 (rainbow)... I check, he immediately pushes me all in, I call. He turns over KT (?!) and rivers a straight with a J.So this knocked me out, but I'm wondering if you guys would've played it differently? Looking back I should have pushed since I had an M of 6 (just over 5 not including my blind) and I knew he was limping with all kinds of raggy hands. On the flop I believe I made the best play letting him put me in instead of letting him off his gutshot, but he probably (not completely sure how loose he is postflop) would have folded if I pushed the flop instead.

I think you made a mistake PF, but not the one you think you made, and i go broke here too. with a PF maniac to my right Im looking to take him for a lot of chips with either a PF or flop monster. I would just complete here, and check/push the flop.

If he's a maniac you can't be surprised you got sucked out on. Don't worry about the result. You wanted the maniac to do exactly what he did. I agree with the read you had on villain that the check and push is a better choice.You were going broke this hand. What else could you want. I doubt against the maniac you would have been happy if you pushed and he folded since you would be thinking, I was too strong, he would have come along if I didn't push.Two pair against the maniac is most times a sure all-in showdown at this point of the tourney. Just got bad turn and river.

I don't really understand the raise to 1k pf. You're putting 1/3 of your stack in OOP with A4? What do you do when you don't flop the A or a flush/straight draw? I think it's either a check or push pf, and with your read I would probably go for the check.