From the NY Sun:The total military dead in the Iraq war between 2003 and this month stands at about 3,133. This is tragic, as are all deaths due to war, and we are facing a cowardly enemy unlike any other in our past that hides behind innocent citizens. Each death is blazoned in the headlines of newspapers and Internet sites. What is never compared is the number of military deaths during the Clinton administration: 1,245 in 1993; 1,109 in 1994; 1,055 in 1995; 1,008 in 1996. That's 4,417 deaths in peacetime but, of course, who's counting?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the NY Sun:The total military dead in the Iraq war between 2003 and this month stands at about 3,133. This is tragic, as are all deaths due to war, and we are facing a cowardly enemy unlike any other in our past that hides behind innocent citizens. Each death is blazoned in the headlines of newspapers and Internet sites. What is never compared is the number of military deaths during the Clinton administration: 1,245 in 1993; 1,109 in 1994; 1,055 in 1995; 1,008 in 1996. That's 4,417 deaths in peacetime but, of course, who's counting?
Wow those numbers are amazing
U.S., U.K., France and Russian. All in all germany was splitted in 4 sectors but the russians got the bigges part and now (eastgermany) is the poorest part of europe (more then 20% joblessness(i think this is the american word). Muenster (my Hometown) was a british sector. Yeah, of cours our grandfather did stupid things and because of that we hate war. There was a long discussion if we send ships to lebanon to stop arms trade near the coast. so, you see it's still a topic and it's a difficult topic i think. hope you can understand what i've written :club:
I get the impression that you are not an idiot, just struggling a bit with the language, so I will try to be nice.The German government allowed and helped sell the items needed to develop chemical and biological weapons to Iraq for many years. They are also guilty of allowing the corruption of the Oil for Food program, which killed more Iraqis than the US forces have. So they may hate war, but they still love making money on it.
I'm saying that in your modern remake of Germany's occupation of Czechoslovakia the role of Germany will be played by the USA and the role of sniveling appeaser by Tony Blair. In 1938 Germany manufactured some lame excuse for military expansion and 'Chamberlain believed that Sudeten German grievances were just and Hitler's intention limited.' In both cases, British leadership exercised very poor judgment. They seem once again to be backing a dangerous, warmongering world leader who will lie to his own people and the world in order to invade a sovereign nation.The fact that you relate Bush and Hitler makes you not worthy of futher discussion, you are an idiot, without the mental capacity to operate a computer, please sign off and never return.Unfortunately, this war, far from eliminating terrorism, has only made it more likely that your family and mine will be targeted in the future. I, for one, don't wish that on anyone.How much worse can it get, they flew planes into buildingds in attempt to kill over 50,000 Americans at once. Again, you sir are an idiot. The communist would have called you a useful idiot.
The fact that you relate Bush and Hitler makes you not worthy of futher discussion, you are an idiot, without the mental capacity to operate a computer, please sign off and never return.
You brought up the analogy, not me. But blocking debate and ignoring opposing views seems like a common strategy amongst Republican supporters (eg. Republicans block Iraq war debate) so I won't take it personally. What a wonderful example to the world of democracy in action.
How much worse can it get, they flew planes into buildingds in attempt to kill over 50,000 Americans at once. Again, you sir are an idiot. The communist would have called you a useful idiot.
How much worse can it get? Who can say for sure, but so far it's gotten 7 times worse since the US invaded the wrong country under false pretense causing the deaths of 655 000 Iraqis. Sorry, buddy, but not even Bush is making the 911 argument anymore. There's no link between the two.
just struggling a bit with the language, so I will try to be nice.
exactly so you can correct mistakes if you want. I give my best :)and don't get the impression that i'm a german patriot :club:

Just reread this thread, man this one was good. Lots of fun and name calling, no one totally lost it ( well maybe one guy )Hope DN keeps blogging