I dont usually like Moores work, but this movie just blew my mind away!It was a real eye opener, and if you havent seen it yet I suggest you do.you can view it in my blog section at www.myspace.com/thesexiestcameron

I have had many discussions on this movie. I enjoyed it until the end when he was totally busting Heston's balls. Sure Heston has done shady stuff in some people's opinion with the NRA.... but at this point in the movie Heston is completely incoherent, and seems to have no idea what Moore is talking about. Heston was nice enough to let Moore in to his mansion for an interview which Heston probably never does, then Moore starts being a complete jackass. Leaving that picture of the girl who died on his doorstep or whatever was completely uncalled for also... like that's going to prove a point anyways. Another point I didn't get which people tried to explain to me... which I still don't get.... is why Moore still claims to be a member of that gun club (or something I forget because I saw the movie so long ago), but the point of the movie is that guns are bad. If he is pro gun control why is he still a member of that club? So like I said earlier I highly enjoyed this movie as well and it made the viewer think, but it made me totally hate Michael Moore's guts.

I have had many discussions on this movie. I enjoyed it until the end when he was totally busting Heston's balls. Sure Heston has done shady stuff in some people's opinion with the NRA.... but at this point in the movie Heston is completely incoherent, and seems to have no idea what Moore is talking about. Heston was nice enough to let Moore in to his mansion for an interview which Heston probably never does, then Moore starts being a complete jackass. Leaving that picture of the girl who died on his doorstep or whatever was completely uncalled for also... like that's going to prove a point anyways. Another point I didn't get which people tried to explain to me... which I still don't get.... is why Moore still claims to be a member of that gun club (or something I forget because I saw the movie so long ago), but the point of the movie is that guns are bad. If he is pro gun control why is he still a member of that club? So like I said earlier I highly enjoyed this movie as well and it made the viewer think, but it made me totally hate Michael Moore's guts.
i will agree, i cant stand Michael Moore, i think he is cynical, arrogant, and it is not possible to get a straight argument from a man who is so one sided and single minded. But to me i thought the entire point of the movie was not that guns are bad, but that the media is responsible for so many gun related murders.He did this by showing that Canada has 7 million guns to 30 million citizens and yet their rate of murder by guns is just a fraction of USA's.The media hypes all of this murder, death, robbing, rape up so much that people are locking their doors and pointing guns at people when they walk up the pathway.Its the same in Australia only we aren't gun crazed loons.
i will agree, i cant stand Michael Moore, i think he is cynical, arrogant, and it is not possible to get a straight argument from a man who is so one sided and single minded. But to me i thought the entire point of the movie was not that guns are bad, but that the media is responsible for so many gun related murders.He did this by showing that Canada has 7 million guns to 30 million citizens and yet their rate of murder by guns is just a fraction of USA's.The media hypes all of this murder, death, robbing, rape up so much that people are locking their doors and pointing guns at people when they walk up the pathway.Its the same in Australia only we aren't gun crazed loons.
Bullshit-PennJilletteSTFU.gifIf my memory serves me, he joined the club to get a free rifle.My problem with moore, is that he ambushes people who can't do anything about what he is criticizing them for. He'll go to Nike, and make a fool out of the minimum wage receptionist.He calls himself a documentarian and is nothing but biased.It's quite horrible, and he still has a following. People are so stupid.CU, you gonna ship SBriand his $400?
Bullshit-PennJilletteSTFU.gifIf my memory serves me, he joined the club to get a free rifle.
I think he joined the bank that gave him a free gun. There was that whole segment on that gun group he was in from his hometown.
Bullshit-PennJilletteSTFU.gifIf my memory serves me, he joined the club to get a free rifle.My problem with moore, is that he ambushes people who can't do anything about what he is criticizing them for. He'll go to Nike, and make a fool out of the minimum wage receptionist.He calls himself a documentarian and is nothing but biased.It's quite horrible, and he still has a following. People are so stupid.CU, you gonna ship SBriand his $400?
i actually agree, it is impossible to get a straight argument from someone who is so one sided.he is the official *** hole.i will ship him his 400 bucks 100% if he can show me, or if anyone can show me that the ipod is infact the best digital audio device on the market.so far nobody has been able to show me this, or debunk my claims that the Zen is the best on the market so my 400 dollars for the moment stays with me until someone proves it.
If my memory serves me, he joined the club to get a free rifle.
He opened a checking account at a bank in Michigan to get the free rifle. He was a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association from many years ago... it was a one time payment of $250... and now he's a member for life, although he no longer gives them money.
i actually agree, it is impossible to get a straight argument from someone who is so one sided.he is the official *** hole.i will ship him his 400 bucks 100% if he can show me, or if anyone can show me that the ipod is infact the best digital audio device on the market.so far nobody has been able to show me this, or debunk my claims that the Zen is the best on the market so my 400 dollars for the moment stays with me until someone proves it.
Go back to the ipod thread, and post your response to SBriand there. Until you post a coherent argument, you owe him his $400. He made a well thought out post, and until you do the same, you have lost any thread of credibility here.Nice move.