Care to give a more in depth explination? Please?How bout you prty?
Explaining small ball in a post and trying to have someone "get it" is almost impossible and will most likely hurt your game...its a variety of things, many people think they can play "small ball" and will say they play small ball, but all they're really doing is seeing lots of flops without knowing how to handle the play post flop. My advice to anyone that wants to get decent at small ball would be to play short handed limit hold'em for a while, beat the crap out of the game consistantly, figure out how to save bets and make bets and then apply some of those strategies to NL holdem tourneys. Obviously you'd need to adjust to the different structure of the game, but in essence there are a lot of variations to limit holdem "plays" that can be used in NL. The main thing about small ball play is having the ability to read players, and then having the balls to go with those reads...I'd say most players can not play small ball successfully because they don't have good ability to read people, even though most wouldn't like to admit it.A lot of people that play small ball have one major issue (and I've been guilty of this in the past)...Ego....small ball players don't like to be outplayed, and think they can outplay anyone. I think its a gear people have to aquire to be successful in big live tourneys, but its not at all needed to be a top online player.
I think I could be put into the category of online small ball players.
many people think they can play "small ball" and will say they play small ball, but all they're really doing is seeing lots of flops without knowing how to handle the play post flop.
Haha, you're not including me in that group, are you?Then again, you probably don't know much about how I play. I recognize your name and know we've played together quite a bit online, but not enough that I remembered anything about your style of play either.
Haha, you're not including me in that group, are you?Then again, you probably don't know much about how I play. I recognize your name and know we've played together quite a bit online, but not enough that I remembered anything about your style of play either.
I know we've played together, you're a good player but I wouldnt categorize u as "smallball" or "laggy" really, from what I remember you were fairly solid...so, no I wasnt including you :club:. I generally meant the donkeys that say they play small ball as an excuse to play every hand as badly as possible, you know, the same guys that say "I put you on AK" and call with 33 when u reshove preflop, then the next time u reshove they say "I put u on small pockets (lol, I love that word)" and call w/ A10...thats the type of doink I was refferring to.
Small ball poker is all you twits possibly could play.You all should grow up...get some hair on your genitals and find out what it means to get laid.
So you're afraid of the Potomac River?