400 Plo8, Top Set Of Aces With Low And Straight Possible

400 PLO8, ringBB - $522UTG - $516Hero - $314 (didn't realize I was under the max, whoops)Hero is MP with As Ad Ts 6d.UTG limps, ..., Hero limps, ..., SB completes, BB checks.($16, 4 plrs) Ac Js 8h rSB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $12, Hero raises pot to $52, SB folds, BB cold-calls, UTG calls.($172, 3 plrs) 7d rBB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.($172, 3 plrs) QdBB checks, UTG bets pot at $172, Hero ...?Was the turn check right? I figured that the only reasonable draw for high was 10-9, and it hit. However, given that the flop action could also mean low draws, is the river a call since it doesn't change much?I hate calling the river but also hate letting a big pot go this easily. Also please let me know if preflop or flop are wrong, I'd really like to know why.Thanks,AseemP.S. Have been sick with mono for a while, haven't been playing or posting. Hope y'all are doing well.

I think I will put a blocking bet on the turn since any river cards won't make a wheel (A2345). If you check the turn basically you are giving up the pot on the river unless it pairs.
right. in position you absolutely must block bet the turn to try to get a free showdown. someone who donks into a block bet is going to have the goods so often that you can lay down the river safely if you encounter one.

Your check on the turn made this an automatic max bet for nut low on a scary hi board. Of course, he could also have had a good broadway hand....because of the turn you will never know. Your flop raise got you position, so you need to use it sensibly on the turn: Someone with a str8 will let you know soon enough if you bet the turn - maybe half the pot. There is a good chance that you have 2 lows trapped in there and your set is good, but you have to do what you can to buy a free showdown on the river.Raise pre-flop, btw; You want to play this hand heads up with position and you already have one player in the pot who may well call.Sorry to hear about the Mono - hope it clears up soon

Hm, I disagree with the blocking bet thing. IMO, it's obvious that someone is sitting on a nut low and waiting to check-raise you out of the hand on the turn. If not that, and you only get called on the turn, then the guy is still liable to bet the pot on the end with only a NL anyway if he doesn't get c-feited if he's worth jackshit at PLO8. It's just a tough hand to play, but I think the line you took is optimal--raise flop, check turn behind, and fold to a bet if you don't fill up.

I think most players having 23 without much else going will just be happy to call it down out of position. If someone plays just 23 so aggressively out of position then he will be a good target for 1/4ing.But seriously guys, why bother to play plo8 when the win rate at plo is much higher, and there are more table selections, more actions and more fish?

I think most players having 23 without much else going will just be happy to call it down out of position. If someone plays just 23 so aggressively out of position then he will be a good target for 1/4ing.But seriously guys, why bother to play plo8 when the win rate at plo is much higher, and there are more table selections, more actions and more fish?
I think the lack of understanding displayed in your first paragraph sheds some light on the second paragraph.

With all due respects, WM, but I think most of the players after seeing hero potting the flop and betting the turn will not be as aggressive or smart like you are to pot the river with just a NL, or check-raising you on the turn with just NL.I understand your points if you are sitting at a table full of aggressive and thinking players, but I think a blocking bet on the turn is fine against most players.Yes I know that you are a better player than I am, you think better you play higher limits and you consistently win much more. But I think my point is that by betting I am giving the pressure to my opponents to act rather than having myself to make some tough decisions on the river. Now shed some lights please.

Now shed some lights please.
You were wrong about all that other crap you wrote. Potting nut low on the river w/ no high even after a blocking bet is abc PLO8 for anyone who is even a decent player.btw you can use this fact to your advantage when you have a nut 2-way hand in this spot
You were wrong about all that other crap you wrote. Potting nut low on the river w/ no high even after a blocking bet is abc PLO8 for anyone who is even a decent player.btw you can use this fact to your advantage when you have a nut 2-way hand in this spot
Have you considered that this is a 3-way pot?
Was the turn check right? I figured that the only reasonable draw for high was 10-9, and it hit. However, given that the flop action could also mean low draws, is the river a call since it doesn't change much?
NO way he had T9. The only hands you can put him on are 23xx or KQTx. With the turn completing the low...I would bet around $100 FOR SURE, trying to keep both players with lows in there with intentions to get all 3 stacks in. YOU ARE AHEAD ON THE TURN THREE WAY. If called, you could fill up on the river. If not, you still probably will win the high.