some nickel-dime lhe hands, and pt help please

Okay, here are a few hands from last night, where I'm hoping you'll be able to offer some analysis, and maybe learn something in the process. Also was hoping for a bit of PokerTracker help.PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is Button with [9s], [9d]. UTG calls, 1 fold, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.I'll raise with 9s anyday.Flop: (11 SB) [3h], [5s], [4s] (5 players)SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Emptyeye bets, SB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.Okay flop for me, I suppose. I bet out to try and pick up information, and of course get 3 callers and no information about where I stand whatsoever (Other then there are probably no made straights as of yet).Turn: (7.50 BB) [6d] (4 players)UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Emptyeye bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.A fourth card to the straight comes, and I try again, figuring someone must have picked up the straight and will raise me. Same result as last time.River: (11.50 BB) [Kd] (4 players)UTG checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, Emptyeye calls, UTG folds.What the...he's leading out when a seemingly meaningless king comes on the river? The pot is big enough now that I have to call.The reality of this hand was stranger than I would ever have thought. Maybe I'll post the result later, as I'm still puzzled by it.Final Pot: 14.50 BBPokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Emptyeye is CO with [9s], [9c]. 1 fold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.Again I raise with nines.Flop: (12.40 SB) [3h], [6s], [6c] (6 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Emptyeye bets, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.Bet a harmless looking flop.Turn: (8.20 BB) [2c] (4 players)BB checks, MP2 checks, Emptyeye bets, Button folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.And turn.River: (11.20 BB) [4c] (3 players)BB checks, MP2 checks, Emptyeye bets, BB calls, MP2 folds.And bet the river too. The board is admittedly fairly scary, but anyone it helped should have bet out at some point, so I think I'm good. This hand pretty much played itself, with one important detail: I got these nines IMMEDIATELY after the last hand. Moral of the story: Don't let the results of one hand influence how you play it in the future (Providing you played it correctly the first time of course). If you become passive with, say, Kings because "You've ran into aces the last three times", well, you're potentially losing a lot of money on those Kings the fourth time.Final Pot: 13.20 BBPokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Emptyeye is Button with [Kd], [Ac]. UTG calls, 5 folds, UTG calls.Obvious raise with Big Slick.Flop: (5.40 SB) [6s], [4s], [9s] (2 players)UTG checks, Emptyeye bets, UTG folds.This flop scares the crap out of me. So why do I bet it? Because I'm heads up, and there's a reasonable chance it scares the crap out of my opponent as well. If I check here, I'm effectively waving the white flag and demanding he take the big bet I put into the pot. So I bet; if I'm raised I can pretty confidently drop it. If I get called, well, see what the turn brings and proceed from there. And if what happened this time happens, well, happy face then.Final Pot: 3.20 BBPokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Emptyeye is BB with [5s], [5d]. 2 folds, SB completes, Emptyeye checks.I'll take a free look at the flop with a pocket pair.Flop: (6 SB) [2d], [Tc], [6s] (6 players)SB checks, Emptyeye checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.I miss everything. Should I have fired here to see what would've happened?Turn: (3 BB) [Qc] (6 players)SB checks, Emptyeye bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls.Of course I wait one street too long.River: (7 BB) [Qd] (4 players)SB checks, Emptyeye checks, MP1 bets, MP2 folds, SB folds, Emptyeye calls.And for some reason call this. MP1 is a classic calling station, so I don't think betting on the flop would necessarily have gotten him out of the hand, but I still don't like the way I played this. I think the proper move would be to just check/fold, but I got confused being in a blind. Or something.Final Pot: 9 BBAnd some fishhooks for you:PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Emptyeye is Button with [Js], [Jc]. 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.Raise the Jacks, silly.Flop: (14 SB) [7d], [Jd], [6d] (7 players)SB bets, SB calls, MP2 calls.I pick random times to subscribe to the Hellmuthian "Raise to See Where You're At" philosophy, what can I say. In all seriousness, I do have top set, and I figure A. A made flush 3-bets me, and B. I still have outs to the full house or quads.Turn: (10 BB) [6h] (3 players)SB checks, MP2 checks, Emptyeye bets, SB calls, MP2 calls.Hey, remember those outs I was talking about? From here, the hand basically plays itself.River: (13 BB) [8s] (3 players)SB checks, MP2 checks, Emptyeye bets, SB folds, MP2 folds.Not quite sure why they folded for one more bet. Both on busted draws of some kind, I guess.Final Pot: 14 BBNow, PokerTracker. I'm currently going through the Free Trial (And thus realize I should take anything it tells me at this point with a grain of salt, small sample size and all of that), and am wondering what I can use it for besides analysing my own performance. Right now I'm crushing the games I play at an entirely unsustainable rate, but I'd like to take my analysis more in-depth, see how I'm playing from various positions and that sort of thing. anyone have a quick tutorial on that (So I know what to look for, as opposed to just "let's see what this does!" as I'm doing now)?Thanks everyone for anything you can offer me.

First hand you played fine until the river. I think you have to fold here to 1 bet. Honestly. Frankley you could have also checked the turn since it could have helped everyone and their grandma. (But since you're drawing river-dead to any straight it doesn't make much sense anyway).So you bet the turn with three players. That's fine. But what you are finding out by betting here is what your opponents hold. Even at nickel/dime tables people will recognize an OESD on the table. Since everyone called you should assume you are beat, and fold to any bet on the river. If it checks to you on the river, check. Someone is waiting for a check/raise on you. Everyone else on here will say call the river bet because the pot is big. They're wrong. You are clearly beat.Hands 2 and 3 look find. I'm reading the rest.. 4th hand with the 5-5.... yeah you should probably bet this flop and try to build the pot up (hope for no raise and hope to make trips on the turn, obviously). If you check here, and someone bets you should fold. Don't bet the turn. A third over-card falls... don't bet. It's too late. Many small stakes players will mimic what others do (ie the checks on the flop and now the calls on the turn). You are right, it's too late. Check/fold.Do not call the river. Again it's only 1 more bet but good lord, you are beat. Several people saw the river.... Surely one of them has you beat. Don't call here! If a decision is bad or incorrect, it doesn't matter how cheap it costs. It's still wrong! Just imagine the other player when he sees your cards, "He called with 5's?! HAHA". Sorry...just trying to prove my point. Don't be the guy who calls down with inferior holdings.The last hand... I don't know why it's included... but you were correct to raise the flop because of the coordinated flop (especially against less than 3 opponents). Too bad your boat card didn't fill out someones flush draw :(And yes...they folded to 1 bet with a busted draw because they knew they were beat! You need to learn that now! lol.All in all, you look like a pretty good player... why are you playing .05/.10? You could easily be playing .5/1Deposit more money into your account and move up. You shouldn't waste time way down there. If you are doing it as a learning exercise then that's fine.

Now, PokerTracker. I'm currently going through the Free Trial (And thus realize I should take anything it tells me at this point with a grain of salt, small sample size and all of that), and am wondering what I can use it for besides analysing my own performance. Right now I'm crushing the games I play at an entirely unsustainable rate, but I'd like to take my analysis more in-depth, see how I'm playing from various positions and that sort of thing. anyone have a quick tutorial on that (So I know what to look for, as opposed to just "let's see what this does!" as I'm doing now)?Thanks everyone for anything you can offer me.
http://www.bet-the-pot.com/poker-tracker-p...one-page31.htmlA five part tutorial on Poker Tracker that I used to get started (JaysonWebber pointed me to it). Pretty good info, especially the "autorate" text he gives you. Some of the sections are more geared for NL, but its still good info. Its hugely in depth, but it will get you started. How much money am I losing by not raising 9's?
First hand you played fine until the river. I think you have to fold here to 1 bet. Honestly.
REALLY? Fold on the river???? It costs you 1 big bet more to pick up 13.5. If you bet the turn, you've got to call the river other wise don't be the turn. But to lay it down at that point to me is pointless. Had the CO raised behind the MP1, I could understand the fold. I didn't have a chance to look at the rest of the hands and/or any other discussion but am I way off base? Develop that thought for me a bit more. Thanks.
First hand you played fine until the river. I think you have to fold here to 1 bet. Honestly.
REALLY? Fold on the river???? It costs you 1 big bet more to pick up 13.5. If you bet the turn, you've got to call the river other wise don't be the turn. But to lay it down at that point to me is pointless. Had the CO raised behind the MP1, I could understand the fold. I didn't have a chance to look at the rest of the hands and/or any other discussion but am I way off base? Develop that thought for me a bit more. Thanks.
JFarrell likes to fold even when facing massive pot odds. You can't fold that river with the overlay your getting

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is Button with [9s], [9d]. UTG calls, 1 fold, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.I'll raise with 9s anyday.not here. Your raise isn't an isolation raise. In fact right here its a little silly. Limp with several limpers in front of you and then work postflop. Flop: (11 SB) [3h], [5s], [4s] (5 players)SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Emptyeye bets, SB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.Okay flop for me, I suppose. I bet out to try and pick up information, and of course get 3 callers and no information about where I stand whatsoever (Other then there are probably no made straights as of yet).here's a great case for limping PF. Someone would've bet then you could raise them to cut the field down and pick this puppy up on the turnTurn: (7.50 BB) [6d] (4 players)UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Emptyeye bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.A fourth card to the straight comes, and I try again, figuring someone must have picked up the straight and will raise me. Same result as last time.River: (11.50 BB) [Kd] (4 players)UTG checks, MP1 bets, CO calls, Emptyeye calls, UTG folds.What the...he's leading out when a seemingly meaningless king comes on the river? The pot is big enough now that I have to call.yeah, you don't have a choice here. I think you'll be good 1-13.5 timesFinal Pot: 14.50 BBPokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Emptyeye is CO with [9s], [9c]. 1 fold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.Again I raise with nines.there's three limpers infront of you, you need to limp here as there is little value in this raiseFlop: (12.40 SB) [3h], [6s], [6c] (6 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Emptyeye bets, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.Bet a harmless looking flop.Turn: (8.20 BB) [2c] (4 players)BB checks, MP2 checks, Emptyeye bets, Button folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.And turn.River: (11.20 BB) [4c] (3 players)BB checks, MP2 checks, Emptyeye bets, BB calls, MP2 folds.And bet the river too. The board is admittedly fairly scary, but anyone it helped should have bet out at some point, so I think I'm good. This hand pretty much played itself, with one important detail: I got these nines IMMEDIATELY after the last hand. Moral of the story: Don't let the results of one hand influence how you play it in the future (Providing you played it correctly the first time of course). If you become passive with, say, Kings because "You've ran into aces the last three times", well, you're potentially losing a lot of money on those Kings the fourth time.Final Pot: 13.20 BBstop raising PF into a field with nines. They play much better in a smaller field. Limp and hope for some sort of draw,set, or undercardsPokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Emptyeye is BB with [5s], [5d]. 2 folds, SB completes, Emptyeye checks.I'll take a free look at the flop with a pocket pair.Flop: (6 SB) [2d], [Tc], [6s] (6 players)SB checks, Emptyeye checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.I miss everything. Should I have fired here to see what would've happened?Turn: (3 BB) [Qc] (6 players)SB checks, Emptyeye bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls.Of course I wait one street too long.River: (7 BB) [Qd] (4 players)SB checks, Emptyeye checks, MP1 bets, MP2 folds, SB folds, Emptyeye calls.And for some reason call this. MP1 is a classic calling station, so I don't think betting on the flop would necessarily have gotten him out of the hand, but I still don't like the way I played this. I think the proper move would be to just check/fold, but I got confused being in a blind. Or something.Final Pot: 9 BBAnd some fishhooks for you:PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Emptyeye is Button with [Js], [Jc]. 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.Raise the Jacks, silly.Flop: (14 SB) [7d], [Jd], [6d] (7 players)SB bets, SB calls, MP2 calls.I pick random times to subscribe to the Hellmuthian "Raise to See Where You're At" philosophy, what can I say. In all seriousness, I do have top set, and I figure A. A made flush 3-bets me, and B. I still have outs to the full house or quads.Turn: (10 BB) [6h] (3 players)SB checks, MP2 checks, Emptyeye bets, SB calls, MP2 calls.Hey, remember those outs I was talking about? From here, the hand basically plays itself.an argument can be made for checking here to induce a bluff on the river. Or extract more bets on the riverRiver: (13 BB) [8s] (3 players)SB checks, MP2 checks, Emptyeye bets, SB folds, MP2 folds.Not quite sure why they folded for one more bet. Both on busted draws of some kind, I guess.Final Pot: 14 BBNow, PokerTracker. I'm currently going through the Free Trial (And thus realize I should take anything it tells me at this point with a grain of salt, small sample size and all of that), and am wondering what I can use it for besides analysing my own performance. Right now I'm crushing the games I play at an entirely unsustainable rate, but I'd like to take my analysis more in-depth, see how I'm playing from various positions and that sort of thing. anyone have a quick tutorial on that (So I know what to look for, as opposed to just "let's see what this does!" as I'm doing now)?Thanks everyone for anything you can offer me.

Why do people insist on posting these meaningless nickel/dime hands? :? At those limits, you cannot learn anything from how others have played, as the majority of people who play that low call with just about anything. Nobody cares about a nickel or dime, so stop wasting your time. Even some of the $0.25/0.50 tables are like this. $0.50/$1 is the best place (in my humble opinion) to get your feet wet with playing strategies. 8)

Why do people insist on posting these meaningless nickel/dime hands? :? At those limits, you cannot learn anything from how others have played, as the majority of people who play that low call with just about anything. Nobody cares about a nickel or dime, so stop wasting your time. Even some of the $0.25/0.50 tables are like this. $0.50/$1 is the best place (in my humble opinion) to get your feet wet with playing strategies. 8)
Honestly. Were you tricked into this thread? Was the topic, "Please help with advanced strategy"? If they are meaningless to you, fine. Great. Good to hear you are doing well in your poker career. Some of us are playing this limits and discussing the best way to do so. It doesn't need to affect you. Here's the new plan: Don't enter threads that say "help with .05/.10 hands" from now on. Problem solved. Not that tough.
Honestly. Were you tricked into this thread? Was the topic, "Please help with advanced strategy"? If they are meaningless to you, fine. Great. Good to hear you are doing well in your poker career. Some of us are playing this limits and discussing the best way to do so. It doesn't need to affect you. Here's the new plan: Don't enter threads that say "help with .05/.10 hands" from now on. Problem solved. Not that tough.
I am trying to help the prople that make these posts, as they are not doing themselves any good by playing at these limits. Its just like using play money. I wasn't trying to offend the people playing them, and even went so far as to way it is just my humble opinion. Now stop getting your panties all in a bunch :wink:
(Stuff about it being bad to raise with nines in those positions)
Okay, is there (generally) a cutoff for limping with a pocket pair as opposed to (Indiscriminately) raising with it? If so, where is that cutoff? Tens? Jacks? Am I thinking too rigidly in thinking that such a cutoff exists?Rocket: Thank you. Your both was both original and will help me to improve my game. Kudos.
Okay, is there (generally) a cutoff for limping with a pocket pair as opposed to (Indiscriminately) raising with it? If so, where is that cutoff? Tens? Jacks? Am I thinking too rigidly in thinking that such a cutoff exists?Rocket: Thank you. Your both was both original and will help me to improve my game. Kudos.
Glad I could help. :wink: Seriously though, how many hands (where you had a premium hand) do you think you have lost playing at these limits to hands that are less-than premium (ie. 9 3 offsuit, K 4 offsuit, etc.) :bubblequestion: Based on my personal experiences, I definately lost more money than I made playing at those limits, due to the chasers who hit their bottom pair (ie. threes) calling all the way to the river to make two pair (as one example) to beat my top pair or high pocket pair. I taught my fiancee how to play a few months ago, and she plays during the day sometimes online, but only at the play money tables. She experiences the same thing as what I am trying to express...when you are playing against someone who doesn't care if they win or lose (ie. its play money or just nickel or dime), you can't really learn the nuances :roll:
Okay, is there (generally) a cutoff for limping with a pocket pair as opposed to (Indiscriminately) raising with it? If so, where is that cutoff? Tens? Jacks? Am I thinking too rigidly in thinking that such a cutoff exists?
wewll it depends on how many are in the pot. Say your in late position and its been folded to you my raising standards are very wide. I'll even raise if I'm in the CO with PP as low as fives and raise with Amidxo as I'm reqally just on a CO steal at that point. Jacks are generally where I draw the line on a crowded field. You need to treat nines in these cases for what they are, a mid pair. PM me if you want a full breakdown on raising standards
Glad I could help. :wink: Seriously though, how many hands (where you had a premium hand) do you think you have lost playing at these limits to hands that are less-than premium (ie. 9 3 offsuit, K 4 offsuit, etc.) :bubblequestion: Based on my personal experiences, I definately lost more money than I made playing at those limits, due to the chasers who hit their bottom pair (ie. threes) calling all the way to the river to make two pair (as one example) to beat my top pair or high pocket pair. I taught my fiancee how to play a few months ago, and she plays during the day sometimes online, but only at the play money tables. She experiences the same thing as what I am trying to express...when you are playing against someone who doesn't care if they win or lose (ie. its play money or just nickel or dime), you can't really learn the nuances :roll:
I do see what you're saying, but I have to disagree with the premise that the low-limit games are so off-the-wall as to be unbeatable. As I mentioned before, the small sample of PT stats I have show me to be a winning player against them. I doubt I'll be able to sustain the rate I'm presently going at, but I don't expect to start losing money (At a sustained rate; weird things happen in the short term) anytime soon either.Besides, even if I can't necessarily apply the strategies fully here, I'd still like to learn them so I can fully use them later.
First hand you played fine until the river.  I think you have to fold here to 1 bet.  Honestly.  
He bets the turn to FIND OUT where he is. He gets three callers... with an OESD on board. He's beat. Save a bet.
First hand you played fine until the river.  I think you have to fold here to 1 bet.  Honestly.  
JFarrell likes to fold even when facing massive pot odds. You can't fold that river with the overlay your getting
When any 7 2 or king beats me.... yeah I'm folding against three opponents when all three of them called with the OESD on the turn. Is there really a debate about this? The pot would have to be laying me about 19-to-1 or better to even think of calling here.Call and lose another bet. I mean if that's the new style... :roll:To clarify.... any 7, 2, or king beats me, right? I mean I hope we don't have to debate that. Not to mention TT JJ QQ KK or AA. But I won't even consider those.There are 4 SEVENS, 4 TWO'S and 3 KING'S left out of 45 unseen cards. 11 cards are hand-killers. (NOT EVEN COUNTING TT JJ QQ KK or AA mind you!). AND, when you add that everyone and their babysitter called the turn bet, it's pretty safe to assume you are beat. Calling may be correct if you want to negate the instinctive part of the game completely. You can't do that even at .05/.10.
When any 7 2 or king beats me.... yeah I'm folding against three opponents when all three of them called with the OESD on the turn.  Is there really a debate about this?  The pot would have to be laying me about 19-to-1 or better to even think of calling here.Call and lose another bet.  I mean if that's the new style...  :roll:To clarify.... any 7, 2, or king beats me, right?  I mean I hope we don't have to debate that.  Not to mention TT JJ QQ KK or AA.  But I won't even consider those.There are 4 SEVENS, 4 TWO'S and 3 KING'S left out of 45 unseen cards.  11 cards are hand-killers. (NOT EVEN COUNTING TT JJ QQ KK or AA mind you!).  AND, when you add that everyone and their babysitter called the turn bet, it's pretty safe to assume you are beat.  Calling may be correct if you want to negate the instinctive part of the game completely.  You can't do that even at .05/.10.
nope your getting 13.5-1 to call this. I don't see how you can't win this pot 5-8% of the time here. yes a seven beats you and so does a two, but the draw hits on the turn. If they hit that one of them will bet out or at least CR here. since they didn't we can prsume that it "MAY NOT" have hit one of them. You bring up the over pairs to our pair, honestly that's just ridiculous as they would've raised at some point. Only an utter idiot plays any of the top premium pairs like that. Its not unreasonable to think that one of them is betting with a pair of fives, a pair of sixes, threes and even fours. You have those beat, sorry you have to call here as folding would be a fatal mistake when you are good in this situation

Yeah, I think I'm probably good there enough times to make the call profitable, given the way the hand played out.In any event, I said I was puzzled over the final results of that first hand, so here they are:MP1 turned over 66 for a set of sixes. Why he led the river but not the turn confuses me, though I'm guessing between the time he checked the turn and the time he led the river (Admittedly not very long) he figured out it would have been silly of me to raise and then keep leading out with anything that actually makes me a straight on that board.CO then proceeded to turn over the most passively played pocket rockets I've ever seen. I'm still confused by this. Maybe he was thinking "lol rokits i wil slowplay preflop o noes scary flop *check/call all the way down*". Not once did he make a move that would have indicated aces to me, or play at the pot for that matter. Just...weird.As for why I'm playing $.05/$.1, it's for a few reasons. Part of it is learning experience, BR management, and all of that. The main thing, though, is that back in August, I made a $50 deposit on Stars and basically swore I was done if I went through it. Last month, I came within about 80 cents of doing just that, and am presently trying to work it back up. That said, if you really think I'm capable of beatin $.5/$1, feel free to transfer me the $270 on Stars to cover the gap between my present balance and 300BB, and I'll work it off, splitting what I win with you at that level 50/50 until I cover the debt. Or something. ;)The other thing is working on my steam control--I still have a tendency to let people chasing ridiculous draws and hitting them affect me more than it should, and it's better that I try and work on that at a lower limit than at one where the money, for lack of a better term, "means more" to me.Thanks for the help everyone.

well I said that they were an utter idiot and I was right, lol. The guy with the set played this hand like crap. He should've CRed you on the flop with His OESD/overpair and the Aces, what can I say. YOu should lost much more and if they had played their hands right then you shouldn't have been in on the river IMO

Not to be an a$$, but it looks like I was correct. I mean odds or no odds, it was pretty clear that you were beat here. I just don't get why people like to call when it's so obvious they're behind?KDawg, you said you figured nobody for a pocket pair...both of them had one. lol. The AA guy was ahead of him the whole way, and even the 66 guy flopped an OESD, then re-drew to a set. (However, he would have much rather made his straight, obviously).Like I said...you bet the turn and found out where you were (everyone called so it's pretty shaky ground). Right then I figured you were behind to at least 1 opponent.KDawg, don't so much analyze their PLAY at this level...analyze what they could be HOLDING. HUGE difference. You really can't pin someone on a hand by the way they play it, but you can pin them on a hand just by saying "well the odds of a 7, 2, or king being out there is very high". I know this won't work at higher levels, but at low levels it can.

Not to be an a$$, but it looks like I was correct. I mean odds or no odds, it was pretty clear that you were beat here. I just don't get why people like to call when it's so obvious they're behind?KDawg, you said you figured nobody for a pocket pair...both of them had one. lol. The AA guy was ahead of him the whole way, and even the 66 guy flopped an OESD, then re-drew to a set. (However, he would have much rather made his straight, obviously).Like I said...you bet the turn and found out where you were (everyone called so it's pretty shaky ground). Right then I figured you were behind to at least 1 opponent.KDawg, don't so much analyze their PLAY at this level...analyze what they could be HOLDING. HUGE difference. You really can't pin someone on a hand by the way they play it, but you can pin them on a hand just by saying "well the odds of a 7, 2, or king being out there is very high". I know this won't work at higher levels, but at low levels it can.
way to go on the results oriented thinking. I can garuntee you that the line of thinking your trying to do will be wrong more often then not. Notice my post right above yours. read it. You may lose this pot, but you will win plenty off of them, but what do I know compared to you oh great poker master :roll:. Your saying that you must be behind on the turn is utterly ridiculous as you will get called down with top pair or second pair here more often then you seem to think, and guess what you are way ahead of

lol. Whatever man... I typed in that he should have folded it BEFORE I saw the results. The results just solidified the fact that I was 100% correct.Be my guest, keep calling with a bettor and a caller ahead of you on the river. And yes, I've read Sklansky's thoughts on calling on the river. He is a huge proponent of doing so. I'm fully aware of that, however, I don't see how calling when you know you are beat is a good thing..