Looking For Recommendations For Other Online Site

Hi there, this is my first post here ... :club: I'm a relative online newbie, having only played on FCP for the last few months, mostly freeroll/low-stakes events with the Red Hot tour, and some Protege qualifiers. I'm a decent player in-person, but just average online ...Anyways, the FCP/DGN BETA launch is driving me crazy, and so I was thinking of playing somewhere else until the kinks get ironed out here ...Would anyone have recommendations? Here are my personal criteria:1) I'm NOT looking for "bad players" to make money off of, as I'm not that good myself2) Even at low stakes, I prefer less all-in-every-hand maniacs (maybe it's just me, but since the cutover to DGN, it seems there are more such maniacs playing here?)3) Therefore, I would prefer a site that would be more conducive to me genuinely improving my play, with better players, helpful chatting, etc.4) Regarding promotions, I guess I'm most attracted by satellites to win trips, like I was trying for the Protege, or would for a seat to a mega eventThanks in advance for any insights ... all the best

Nice first post.Welcome to FCP.There are a lot of other sites but what exactly were you looking for?Just satelites or do you need table customization etcetera ...

I assumer you're American so your options are:Pokerstars-tons of games, varied play, lots of promotions and sats to live tourniesFull Tilt-play is rockish, good interface, not sure about qualifiersBodog-play is crazy donkish, moderate volume at low limits, sats to WSOP, WPTUB-play is solid, never played there, don't know much about itAbsolute-pretty soft at low limits, don't know about live satellitesDoylesroom-soft play, horrid software, don't think they do live satsThere are a couple others i'm missing, I don't know a thing about Mansion except they let americans play there.I think, for you, pokerstars is probably the best.

Wow, thanks for the quick responses!When you say FullTilt is rockish, do you mean conservative? If I'm only playing tournaments and aiming for bigger tournaments, wouldn't that be good for me? On the other hand, I'm "tight", and guess would stay that way! :)By the way, I'm Canadian ... does that make any site(s) more appealing?Thanks for the PokerStars recommendation ... my wife is on the play-money version all the time ... I'll email them now and see if we can both be coming in over the same router, one to NET and one to COM (or cut her off! :club: )Thanks again, and best regards (feel free to keep any other ideas coming!)I should have also indicated that I really do appreciate a good interface, teble features, etc. (which is why the BETA launch is driving me crazy).Therefore, thanks for the warning about Doyle's room ...

Wow, thanks for the quick responses!When you say FullTilt is rockish, do you mean conservative? If I'm only playing tournaments and aiming for bigger tournaments, wouldn't that be good for me? On the other hand, I'm "tight", and guess would stay that way! :)By the way, I'm Canadian ... does that make any site(s) more appealing?Thanks for the PokerStars recommendation ... my wife is on the play-money version all the time ... I'll email them now and see if we can both be coming in over the same router, one to NET and one to COM (or cut her off! :club: )Thanks again, and best regards (feel free to keep any other ideas coming!)I should have also indicated that I really do appreciate a good interface, teble features, etc. (which is why the BETA launch is driving me crazy).Therefore, thanks for the warning about Doyle's room ...
id definitely go with full tilt. i used to be a stars guy until a couple weeks ago. their interface is the best, and they have a good tourney lineup with lots of satelliteing opportunities. every game (holdem, omaha, stud) and every level of sng. if you decide to try it out, i can get you the normal 100% deposit bonus plus after 100 full tilt points (7 pts per dollar of tourney fees and 1 pt per dollar of total rake.. at like 25/50c will take 2 hours) ill ship you 25$ extra on top of that. pm me if youre interestedpatrick

I play on Full Tilt and FCP...I like the more conservative play on Full Tilt, as it has made my game a lot better. I see that i m ake less mistakes on FTP, because i know the players are better than on some other sites.I recomend what patrick is doing, it is nice, easy money...plus it helps im get a refferal bonus (a good deal for both of you)

Man, this is moving fast, this is great!If I understand correctly from Patrick, you used to be on Stars but left for FullTilt ... any particular reason (aside from what you listed, as everyone here at work is saying Stars, but I'm one of the better players at work!)And excuse my ignorance, Patrick, but I'm not sure I understand everything you're saying ... would you mind if I emailed you? I'll probably choose a site by tonight, and it would take me a few days for my first deposit, as I was using eWalletXpress on FCP, but I didn't see that available at FullTilt. Would that timeline still get me your offer? Is your email address listed somewhere?Thanks again, and best regards.

Man, this is moving fast, this is great!If I understand correctly from Patrick, you used to be on Stars but left for FullTilt ... any particular reason (aside from what you listed, as everyone here at work is saying Stars, but I'm one of the better players at work!)And excuse my ignorance, Patrick, but I'm not sure I understand everything you're saying ... would you mind if I emailed you? I'll probably choose a site by tonight, and it would take me a few days for my first deposit, as I was using eWalletXpress on FCP, but I didn't see that available at FullTilt. Would that timeline still get me your offer? Is your email address listed somewhere?Thanks again, and best regards.
yeah, go ahead and email me..schnarr22@gmail.comwhat i was trying to say is that i cant stand pokerstars. the beats are ridiculous for me, and i was starting to get irritated with the interface as well. i love full tilts interface, ease of getting a game going, and game selection.as for using me as a rerferall, the standard fulltilt deposit bonus is 100% up to 600$, which is quite good for a major site. i was going to throw in another 25$ if you signed up through me, and i havent seen anyone offer that yet..and my offer is good until the end of 2006 i believe..then ill ust have to renew it
I am also looking to make change. Does anyone know of any sites where there is shorthanded play ussually 3-4 max. Cant find shorthanded games on FCP anymore.
I've never seen an online site that has regular 3-4 mx tables. The ongame network on the other hand lets you set up tables so that should suite you...

I was a pokerroom/ ongame network guy forever..always played there for 2 years. I loved the shortcut keys, the graphics, and the smaller tournament fields, since I do not like playing in fields with 800+, I like the more around 175-300 player fields. Anyways since the new law, there are no ongame sites I can play at that I know of, but I have tried all of the others over the past week, and I love absolute poker. I know people have bad stuff to say about it, but its the closest place I have found with smaller tourny fields, and the shortcut keys are huge for me. I have no problems with absolute.