Seems to me everyone's definition of this varies greatly.  For example, in a no limit ring game at what point do you consider yourself pot committed?
when youv'e comitted around 40-50% of your chips
are you talking about tournaments or cash games?
Maybe I have my terminology wrong, I thought a ring and cash game were the same thing. I'm talking about no limit cash game.
*note to self* read and comprehend. Being pot committed in a NLHE Ring Game really depends on how deep the stacks are, what type of players are in the game, are you properly BR'd for it, and the final thing is what type of hand is it which depends on the reads, betting patters, how many people in the hand and all of that fun stuff.

I only consider myself pot commited in freezeout tournaments and SNGs (where I just can't afford to lose 50%+ of my stack and double someone else up without a fight). Feel free to disagree, but I don't think there's such a thing as being pot commited in side games. You're there to make money, so if you know you're behind why call and throw away more money? Obviously, it depends on how far behind you think you are, and what the pots laying you, but most of the time it's best just to cut your losses.

I only consider myself pot commited in freezeout tournaments and SNGs (where I just can't afford to lose 50%+ of my stack and double someone else up without a fight).   Feel free to disagree, but I don't think there's such a thing as being pot commited in side games.  You're there to make money, so if you know you're behind why call and throw away more money?  Obviously, it depends on how far behind you think you are, and what the pots laying you, but most of the time it's best just to cut your losses.
That makes a lot of sense, good point.
are you talking about tournaments or cash games?
Maybe I have my terminology wrong, I thought a ring and cash game were the same thing. I'm talking about no limit cash game.
Nah, ring games and cash games aren't the same. It wouldn't make sense for Daniel to rate the other pros in their profiles separately for their ring game abilities and cash game abilities if they were the same thing. A ring game is a full table (9 or 10 players), in contrast to a short-handed table. And cash games are games for cash (I realize this sentence was unnecessary). I am unsure of how people began to refer to cash games as ring games though. I guess they really mean to say cash ring games, but it doesn't sound as smooth.