My Key Hand From A Recent 180

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG (t2785)UTG+1 (t2725)MP1 (t7083)MP2 (t3310)MP3 (t945)CO (t2605)Button (t5870)SB (t4180)Hero (t4330)Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 :club: , A :) . 6 folds, Button calls t150, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t450) 4 :D , 7 :D , A :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets t450, SB folds, Hero raises to t1100, Button calls t650.Turn: (t2650) A :)(2 players)Hero bets t750, Button calls t750.River: (t4150) 9 :)(2 players)Hero bets t2330 (All-In)[/colorok, so my c/r was more of an informational one more than anything. When he calls I think he could possibly have a weak ace like me or possibly just getting stubborn, the flop is just so ragged. On the turn I was really debating pushing, if it wasnt another Ace, so that if he has a weak ace that is just a little better than mine he would fold. When that 3rd ace hits I change my mind and decide to bet for value, still thinking its possible he has an ace but not as likely now, but I truly havent put him on a hand. He calls the turn so i figure he is liable to call an all in by me. In retrospect I think my push on the river is only getting called by a better hand, of course I'm still betting the river and if I am beat I am getting raise and I feel like I am priced in the pot is so big and having those chips and this point in the tourny would be huge. Thoughts????

Lead out the flop. He calls he probably chasing. He raises and you have to worry about the ace. The fact that he called our c/r has to make us pause. He could be sitting on pocket 4's or something.If I truly think I have him beat on the turn, I'm getting my chips in right now. He very well could be chasing the flush and I have already dodged one bullet.Early in the second hour, I'm not sure I'm ready to bet my entire stack on Ace rag. I know it's less likely that he has the case ace, but if he does he likely has you outkicked.(Considering this is a 180 though, you probably played this right as they will chase with every last chip they own.)

Unless I had a good read on the guy, I would bet about half the pot on the flop and c/f from there. If I thought the guy was capable of calling with middle or bottom pair, or chasing something, I might continue with the small-ish bets and fold to a raise. Aces scare people, so nobody is likely to call unless they have an ace.

I actually like the way you played it. With the limp otb, villain could have a fd or an oesd, or even both. If the button has been known to be aggressive, then I would check to him, if he is loose/passive then I would definitely lead the flop. You need to bet more on the turn though. If he is on a draw, you're giving him good odds to chase. I'd probably bet 1200-1400 at this point, depending on how you've seen villain play. Villain might have 44, but I would expect even 44 to raise otb.

Hey guys the OP is actually me, i was on my friends computer and forgot to log myself on. If i lead the flop and he smooth calls me what info have i gained??? so the flop isnt as ragged as i said in the op, there is a flush draw and a straight draw out there, leading the flop still leaves me in no mans land. the c/r gains soo o much more info- if he has a made hand he is likely to push or reraise, if he smooth calls or could possibly fold his draw. Ur right about the turn bet being too small, I so wasn't expecting that 3rd A and already had the plan to push I was kinda quickly guessing what a good price would be, even though I had plenty of time. What about the push on the end?? do you guys agree that I am only getting called by a better hand?