1k Plo8 Hand #2: Wheel Draw On Paired Board Hu In Position

1000 PLO8 (five-handed)SB - $1198Hero - $1017Hero is Button with Aheart.gif 5heart.gif 3spade.gif 2club.gif. ..., Hero opens for $35, SB calls, BB folds.($80) Tdiamond.gif 4club.gif 3diamond.gifSB checks, Hero bets $80, SB calls.($240) Tclub.gifSB bets $240, Hero calls.Is the turn call loose? I know that in the heat of the moment I may not have been thinking clearly, but my feeling was that any A, 2, 5 or 6 would give me a scoop much more often than not.I think what's important to note here is that villian's hand range preflop is somewhat wide. I was the only somewhat tight player at the table; everyone else was playing a surprisingly high number of hands from any position. These first two hands I've posted are both heads-up and that wasn't very common.I also added my ability to potentially bluff offsuit rivers as my logic in the moment, thinking that villian might be donk betting here with a flush draw, trying to pick it up.I don't like raising here at all, I think it's very bad, but does anyone disagree? If not, is calling here good or is it a bad call?Thanks,AseemP.S. Again, be brutally honest. Thanks.

the more i think about this the more i think that i would fold unless i had a read on the villian that told me otherwise. you've mentioned he has a wide range here, but said nothing about how he plays postflop. some players would bet any hand that they had when the board pairs on the turn like that, others would only do it if they boated up.

the more i think about this the more i think that i would fold unless i had a read on the villian that told me otherwise. you've mentioned he has a wide range here, but said nothing about how he plays postflop. some players would bet any hand that they had when the board pairs on the turn like that, others would only do it if they boated up.
I am pretty sure that in this game, postflop play is a tad on the aggressive side. A bet on the turn doesn't at all mean only a boat. It can mean a low+flush draw maybe, a bare 10, and occasionally a bluff.Aseem
I am pretty sure that in this game, postflop play is a tad on the aggressive side. A bet on the turn doesn't at all mean only a boat. It can mean a low+flush draw maybe, a bare 10, and occasionally a bluff.Aseem
i would think that a call is good here then.
so I don't think fold is an option AT ALL. for real.but the quesiton was between calling and raising.but I am unsure if calling is too weak. if a turn is a brick, like a Q/J/T/9, I am sometimes facing another pot bet and that really sucks hardcore. or if it's an A/2 it also makes my life a little tough if I face another pot -- I could be good in one direction but I'm usually very vulnerable in either case. the only okay cards are 8/7/6/5/4 and even then I know I'm doing exactly what I'm not supposed to in stacking off with just a low and a weak high.But that's so weird, because it seems like this is one of those GOOD flops for my hand where I have awesome scooping potential. I guess it's just that I have to take it in context... if I'm up against a decent made high, my scooping potential is usually out the window.So tough and complex when it looks so simple on the surface. Can I get more input? I am really lost, thanks.Aseem
if you raise and he doesnt fold do you feel commited to firing again on most rivers?
when are you talking about?? on the turn, and if so, what turns?? or are you talking about the flop?aseem
lets say you if you raise the turn and he just calls. what are you doing on the river? i woulndt raise that turn because im just too likely to make the wrong desicion on the river. ..well unless you pot it because that puts you very close to all in. but then you lose all bluffing ability on the river.

AGH all my replies have been to the wrong hand.let me edit them out and copy them over to the other thread.shoot, sorry!aseemedit: ok let's start over.you said "i would think a call is good here then."really? i am completely unsure. because sometimes i am drawing dead on the high end... and other times i can hit my low but potentially get three-quartered. but other times i can scoop. just not sure how much money i win/lose in each situation.i don't think raising is a good option at all... is it?aseem

AGH all my replies have been to the wrong hand.let me edit them out and copy them over to the other thread.shoot, sorry!i don't think raising is a good option at all... is it?
lol.i dont think so either. i was just thinking about the merits of it because i thought you were considering it.

I think for most players if they are having a set on the flop, they would have potted back after your potting on the flop (On the turn I would had potted it too even I didn't have the Ten as long as I had some outs. This pot bet has the good fold equity effect and many players are just scared and fold without thinking. But making those plays require your knowledge of your opponents, and it works on the tight players better). So I would be less worrying about SB having the boat (this is general without knowledge of your villain).I think you should have enough pot equity to make the call. Calling or raising is entirely up to you. Calling is giving your hand strength away to the better players when the river bricks, and raising takes some risks.I would like to see the SH plo8 players' replies here too.Edited, I think calling is much better here since you have the position, if villain checks the river, then make a bet (which justify the stealing success rate over the long term, I am too lazy to figure out the pot size right now) and see villain's response.

I think you should have enough pot equity to make the call. Calling or raising is entirely up to you. Calling is giving your hand strength away to the better players when the river bricks, and raising takes some risks.I would like to see the SH plo8 players' replies here too.Edited, I think calling is much better here since you have the position, if villain checks the river, then make a bet (which justify the stealing success rate over the long term, I am too lazy to figure out the pot size right now) and see villain's response.
Yeah I agree that calling is "risky" in the sense that I can't call any river bet if the board bricks, but raising is "risky" in the obvious way when I could get to see a cheaper river card.As for your edit idea, just note that I would only have about $660 left and the pot would be $720 if checked to me.Aseem