What type of player/ what type of board do you need in order to call an allin from a villian?What type of player/ what type of board do you need in order to push allin on a villian?PS my hope is to create a discussion about situations rather than looking at individual hands.

What type of player/ what type of board do you need in order to call an allin from a villian?What type of player/ what type of board do you need in order to push allin on a villian?PS my hope is to create a discussion about situations rather than looking at individual hands.
Seems simple.I call vs. LAGs.I push vs. stations.The problem is often the defenition of these type of players in a game.
Depends,If there are flush or str8 draws on the flop. But in general yes use your PT to call the Lags and push the stations.

alright so lets say we have a 42/3/20. (VPIP/Aggression Factor/preflop raise %)you are in the small blind OOP lag is in MP. You have AK and the flop comes K73 rainbow. You do what..... bet 3/4-1 pot?Do you throw in the occasional check raise?

alright so lets say we have a 42/3/20. (VPIP/Aggression Factor/preflop raise %)you are in the small blind OOP lag is in MP. You have AK and the flop comes K73 rainbow. You do what..... bet 3/4-1 pot?Do you throw in the occasional check raise?
Okay this is the way I've been looking at poker lately and I've been fairly successful.If the board is K73 rainbow and we have TPTK we most likely have the best hand and want to get paid off.I check/raise just to throw off my opponents and I think they will go all in. Check/Raising IMHO works better with short stacks.Against an Aggr. player who will most likely call any flop to try and hit an over card or hit a bd flush, i'll bet at least the pot.Another strategy that works great for me is over betting the pot with TPTK you'll either take it down on the flop or you can push the turn w/o a scare card.
do you use poker tracker?
Nope, I just pay attention.
You have AK and the flop comes K73 rainbow. You do what..... bet 3/4-1 pot?Do you throw in the occasional check raise?
If he is a total bet-when-checked-to-monkey but folds often when bet into, I c/r.I normally just lead for 3/4 pot though.

Against a true LAG here, I'll check/call the flop, and then look to check/raise the turn. We're really not worried about getting drawn out on at all here, since there are no flush draws, no straight draws, and no overcards to worry about. Let villian dig his own grave here.

Against a true LAG here, I'll check/call the flop, and then look to check/raise the turn. We're really not worried about getting drawn out on at all here, since there are no flush draws, no straight draws, and no overcards to worry about. Let villian dig his own grave here.
Alright well then lets say the flop is KT8 rainbow and you are playing against a LAG... Do you still go for the check raise? Bwaves?