Weigh The Merits Of The Online Gaming Legislation

Please - there are at least 15 threads about this in the forum and yet you haughtily decide to start a masters thread with you as the expertSo far you haven't stated a single opinion or added anything other than to act like some Aristotlean proctor leading the forum through a Socratic exercise as if you are direly needed to elevate or level of intellectual discussion. At the same time mocking Daniel as a bad person and questioning his sense of charity in another thread for making a somewhat innopropriate analogyThe only thing any of your posts have done is aggrandize your own ego - you add nothing - so shut up blow me and go away!

Please - there are at least 15 threads about this in the forum and yet you haughtily decide to start a masters thread with you as the expertSo far you haven't stated a single opinion or added anything other than to act like some Aristotlean proctor leading the forum through a Socratic exercise as if you are direly needed to elevate or level of intellectual discussion. At the same time mocking Daniel as a bad person and questioning his sense of charity in another thread for making a somewhat innopropriate analogyThe only thing any of your posts have done is aggrandize your own ego - you add nothing - so shut up blow me and go away!
That makes 5, no, 6!! times you've posted in a thread that you find worthless and to which you've contributed ZERO constructive content. Just get out already. I'm not trading barbs with you as much as you'd get off on that. Just asking you to get out of this thread. Just Get Out Of The Thread. Stop Posting in it. You'll notice that I'm not relpying to anything you've actually said, thought you'd clearly like that. No. I'm just telling you to get out. You don't like the thread. Get out. You got nothing to add. Get out. You don't like what I said somewhere else. Well, then just Get Out. Thank you.

As I just explained to Keith via pm, I don't intend to lead discussion as if I'm standing at a lectern. That would be awful. Razor took the time to seriously respond to my post, and I appreciate that. He told me to frame my question better, so I did. If that sounds like I'm trying to lead a seminar, it might have something to do with trolls who keep popping up and muddling everything up. I started the thread, I care about the issue, I really want to know what people think, and I really want to make an effort to develop my own thoughts on the matter. It's possible that now we might actually be able to get some signal to come through the noise.

<<It is not a question of legislating morality. It is a question of personal freedom and the role of government. In their wisdom, our founding fathers recognized that the government should be inobtrusive in the lives and pursuits of its citizens.>> Razor - this is what you said earlier, so - you object to the legislation because you oppose government's intervention in the personal affairs of its citizens - - is that fair ?
In part. This particular legislation is flawed in every respect, so even if I felt the government should be involved in every aspect of their citizens lives, I'd still object to the legislation.
Can you see any cases in which there might be valid reasons for government's involvement in the affairs of its citizens?
Depends on what you mean by affairs, but obviously anarchy is not a government, so by definition any government involves itself in the affairs of its citizens to some degree. I am not an anarchist most of the time.
What if there were a new craze of knife fight parties sweeping the nation? Would you object to government intervention in the personal affairs of the citizens maiming each other in their backyards with butcher knives? Each participant has voluntarily agreed to fight. Let them cut each other up? Or send in the cops and bust up the party?
Knife fights are already illegal.
Are you committed to the notion that individuals' affairs are absolutely personal? Or would you say that individuals' personal decisions and actions radiate outwards, impacting family, community, city and so forth - ?
No one lives in a vacuum.

No don't hijack the thread You are the trollYou have added nothingYou haven't read the 800 other threads on the topicYou are merely here to aggrandize yourself and your self-imposed belief that you are a master philosopher framing the discussion in your own wayYou haven't stated a single opinion in the entire thread - which if you go back and read the Bill Hicks quote - I indeed have This thread has added nothing but to tell us all about your high opinion of yourselfOh and genius veteran of the forum that you are - you posted instead of sending me a PM.

No don't hijack the thread You are the trollYou have added nothingYou haven't read the 800 other threads on the topicYou are merely here to aggrandize yourself and your self-imposed belief that you are a master philosopher framing the discussion in your own wayYou haven't stated a single opinion in the entire thread - which if you go back and read the Bill Hicks quote - I indeed have This thread has added nothing but to tell us all about your high opinion of yourselfOh and genius veteran of the forum that you are - you posted instead of sending me a PM.
Keith: I've showed a lot of restraint and patience with your childish antics, including a calm and reasonable request via PM that you stay out of the thread. You're like the bratty kid who makes farting noises at the table when grown-ups are trying to talk about something important. You just need attention that bad. Apparently you're getting it here, which is probably a good thing. I really wanted to explore some reasoning around the most important issue facing online poker ever. I thought fcp was the place to do it, since it seems to have a lot of members who are willing to think about things. I should have checked the general forum and contributed there first. Anyways, thanks to everyone who tried to participate. My patience is at an end with Keith. Too bad we don't have measures for dealing with forum brats.