settle a question

There is another way to play this. Flat call on the flop. Then if the turn card is not a diamond, bet the pot. This way he will not have pot odds to call. If the turn is a diamond, dont call you need more than 4 to 1 for a pot odds call.

As was pointed out, he was far worse than 2:1 underdog chasing the flush due to boat potential the 7s had. He made a bad call that were against the odds, you lost this time. But according to Harrington, he's the real loser since he won a hand where he was a 2.8:1 underdog but only getting 2:1 on his money.

There is another way to play this. Flat call on the flop. Then if the turn card is not a diamond, bet the pot. This way he will not have pot odds to call. If the turn is a diamond, dont call you need more than 4 to 1 for a pot odds call.
True, that's another way to play the hand but possibly the worst way you would play it. Before you decide any action you should put him on an assortment of hands. If you think he might be on the flush draw, protect your set right off the flop. You don't HAVE to slowplay a flopped set even though most people always do, especially with two diamonds out there. Check calling here is horrible, it's basically saying "Here, try to catch up with me. I'm going to let you see each card for as much as you want and not even try to protect my hand." Protect your hand or check-raise him. Those are the only decent choices here, and even if he does have odds to call on the flop who cares? ( He doesn't by the way) You've gotten all your money in when he's only going to hit roughly 1/3 of the time. The 10 of diamonds isn't an out and you have redraws against his flush if he hits it on the turn. You were a little less than 3:1 to win this hand, anyone who says you were only 2:1 needs to check their math before they give you advice. You put yourself in an extremely beneficial situation and got unlucky. It happens. Good play.