I was just wondering, after realizing I need a possible overhaul to my game, what makes a good LAG player. I know most good players on this NL forum play a successful style of LAG poker, and others also play TAG and do well.Also, I think it needs to be discussed when to play LAG, when to switch to TAG, and what games do both styles work the best.

I was just wondering, after realizing I need a possible overhaul to my game, what makes a good LAG player. I know most good players on this NL forum play a successful style of LAG poker, and others also play TAG and do well.Also, I think it needs to be discussed when to play LAG, when to switch to TAG, and what games do both styles work the best.
A good LAG player is someone who understands the different styles and keep deal with both styles effectively...I personally don't think I play LAG or TAG...it varies...but both styles (for me atleast) are almost always a part of my game...in some form.I like playing Laggier in tighter games...cause you can walk over them..however you have to be careful of traps and not get caught up in big bluffs...if you're bluffing, obviously you want some sort of draw to fall back on...I think the looser the game, the more difficult it is to play LAG...basically you'll have bigger swings playing LAG...and if you are already in a loose game, playing a lot of hands = even bigger swings.In loose games some people think you should tighten up, which can be right if you are worried about immediate profits...but if you keep to a game where you are re-popping ppl with marginal hands like KJ AT KQ and stuff, which isn't really "LAG" perse, but you'd def. be playing more hands than a TAGish player and would see more flops with gappers and sooted connectors.Either way, the most important thing is playing your position. Playing TAG or LAG, that'll be your money maker in the long run. You'll almost always be a loser in the long run playing UTG/MP in 6 max games...so if you can concentrate most of your play from the Late positions you'll def. be able to have a solid profit playing either style...effectively.JUsta few thoughts...i could go on, but i make no sense.- Jordan

For me, a LAG is someone who plays a wide range of hands, makes good use of the C-bet and continues to put people to tough decisions post flop with a range of hands.The kinda player who plays 30%+ pots, always follows it up with flop bets and usually with the turn and gets good value out of most hands. There are some players that close up after one bet, some who keep going on all three streets, the mroe they probe at you the trickier they are to read. LAG's are also the players who dont just settle for a bet and a call, they are looking for raises and re-raises to take control of the pots they play.

not sure any of the regular posters here play anything remotely resembling LAG.
that adds a lot to the this thread.not saying you aren't correct, except that you probably only see about 5% of the amount of hands the "regular" posters even play. IMHO, playing "one" style isn't playing poker...when I play I just try my best to adapt to the situation and play what is the most profitable. I think that specifically trying to play a set style will get you in trouble. If you can't adapt you won't get past certain limits.- Jordan