the bike and commerce

Im traveling down to Southern California in a few breaks and was wondering if anyone knows if the bike or commerce makes you put money on the dealer chip ? In all of the Nor Cal clubs we are forced to put money on the dealer button(for the bad beat jackpot) , which sucks if your not going good, since you end up having to put up money 3 times in a row(dealer, sb, bb,).So does anyone know if The Bike of COmmerce does this?

I don't exactly remember about commerce, but I think it's the same as Hawaiian Gardens, they just take an extra $1 rake from each pot for the jackpot. So instead of raking $3/pot from a full table, they rake $4 and put $1 into the jackpot box each time and $3 into the rake box. I've never heard of having to pay on the button for that.

I don't exactly remember about commerce, but I think it's the same as Hawaiian Gardens, they just take an extra $1 rake from each pot for the jackpot. So instead of raking $3/pot from a full table, they rake $4 and put $1 into the jackpot box each time and $3 into the rake box. I've never heard of having to pay on the button for that.
I actually think the only place it's done is in nor cal.

Neither of them do. In the 2/4 games I've played, 50 cents is taken out of the small blind at the start of the hand. When the flop hits, they take $2.50 more. $2.50 goes to the rake and 50 cents to the jackpot drop.Both will make you post to be dealt in, also. (Hawaiian Gardens is the only one that doesn't in So Cal, at least of the ones I've been to. They have the same rake/jackpot structure also.)

neither place as far as i know and i've played lots at both places. the rake at the commerce in the smaller games can be frustrating at times. for example, it probably wouldn't be the worst move in the world if you got aces on the button in the 9-18 game and everyone folds to you, you could also fold and it wouldn't actually be that bad of a play, the rake is so steep. I think it comes down to risking 18 to win 6 or 4 , I forget, but it seemed pretty steep top me at the time and iremember thinking about mucking aces on the button, and how it wouldn't be the worst play in the world. the bad beat jackpot is supplemented by the obscene rake.