Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP3 ($186.90)CO ($62.35)Button ($98.50)Hero ($231.75)BB ($86.15)UTG ($321.69)UTG+1 ($101.85)UTG+2 ($128.75)MP1 ($97.35)MP2 ($102)Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 :) , 8 :D . Hero posts a blind of $0.50. 5 folds, MP3 calls $1, CO raises to $3, 1 fold, Hero (poster) calls $2.50, 1 fold, MP3 calls $2.Flop: ($10) 2 :club: , 5 :D , 4 :D(3 players)Hero bets $6What is the standard play here vs unknowns.Do we prefer a lead or a c/r.Obviously, we fold to a raise if we lead, and a 3-bet if we c/r.What is our plan if just called in either scenario.Thanks.- Zach

Both are OK, though I prefer to lead because it's a cheaper way to gain the information you need. You bet out $6, gain control of the hand, and if get raised you can fold. If you C/R you're talking about a $20 raise to see if your opponent's holding a lost AK or a dominating QQ. And even then, he may decide to just call with his QQ, putting us in an awful spot.After leading if called by just the CO then I slow it down OOP. I'll fire another bullet on the turn if it's a relative blank (non ace or king). Otherwise I'll just c/f.

You can (and should) play this either way. I'd lean more towards the check/raise. I think you get more information. If CO doesn't have a pocket pair, they are likely to lay down to the check/raise. If they do have the pocket pair, you are dead to a two-outter (or backdoor straight) anyway, so you can easily check/fold the turn/river unimproved.The obvious drawback to the check/raise is CO might check behind you and catch up on the turn. So, if CO is known to c-bet a lot, I'd definitely lean more towards the check/raise. If he is more apt to check behind without at least a pair, then I'd bet out.