Recently I have really loosened up my play (which has defintely helped my bottom line), but sometimes I get put in tough spot. Villian is LAG, tricky, and good.I announce raise in the dark to start hand (first hand of night, I always do this)7 handed NLHE blinds $1, $2Folded to Hero on cutoffHero ($200) Raises to $6.00Button($200) calls $6.00Blinds foldPot: $15.00Flop: 6h 7h 8hHero looks at hand: 10h 3c Hero Bets $10.00Button Raises $20.00 more to $30.00Hero Calls $20.00Pot: $75.00Turn: 6h 7h 8h (Ad)Hero (like a moron): ChecksVillian bets $35Hero:???Please critique and/or flame. Thanks!

Way I see it is you're on a draw. He knows it and you know it. You're likely beat without a heart or gut-shot. Even a heart may not win it for you. Leaves you with either 4 or 13 outs. Best case is 3:1 You gotta put up $35 to win $105 also 3:1Given the fact that you my lose even more $ if the heart hits and he has a higher heart......I'd muck itDon't be lured by a Straight Flush draw.Is my Newbie analysis any good?

Way I see it is you're on a draw. He knows it and you know it. You're likely beat without a heart or gut-shot. Even a heart may not win it for you. Leaves you with either 4 or 13 outs. Best case is 3:1 You gotta put up $35 to win $105 also 3:1Given the fact that you my lose even more $ if the heart hits and he has a higher heart......I'd muck itDon't be lured by a Straight Flush draw.Is my Newbie analysis any good?
Sounds alright. Problem is Villian is very tricky, and often will check extremely strong hands. I couldn't decide whether or not to push or just muck it and move on.

I fold the flop. You've only got 4 solid outs. 3 or which are transparent and 1 that may win you a huge pot or may really transparent too. We can only really call the flop for flush potential if we think villian will pay us off later, but we can't be comfortable w/ a ten high flush if pot gets big either. This is a pretty easy fold

I fold the flop. You've only got 4 solid outs. 3 or which are transparent and 1 that may win you a huge pot or may really transparent too. We can only really call the flop for flush potential if we think villian will pay us off later, but we can't be comfortable w/ a ten high flush if pot gets big either. This is a pretty easy fold
I agree I think I should of folded the flop. However, I ended up pushing on the turn because I didn't read him for superstrength, and sure enough he folded bottom set.
I agree I think I should of folded the flop. However, I ended up pushing on the turn because I didn't read him for superstrength, and sure enough he folded bottom set.
did he fold face up?If he did you were both wrong. You thought he wasn't strong, and he thought you were super strong. ha. If he really had bottom set, he played it like an pansy. I still fold the flop and never even get a chance to pull that move on the turn.
did he fold face up?If he did you were both wrong. You thought he wasn't strong, and he thought you were super strong. ha. If he really had bottom set, he played it like an pansy. I still fold the flop and never even get a chance to pull that move on the turn.
Yea face up. Tilted him the whole night, since river would of been an ace of hearts. He would have had boat, I would of had 4th nut flush. Don't you love rabbit-hunting?
Why do you raise in the dark on the first hand?That CAN'T be +EV
It defintely isn't for that play. I play a pretty TAG game as the game winds on (I do switch back and forth to LAG), but mostly I want to send the message that I'm superlose and a gambler so I get paid off when I hold a hand. It seems to my friends at the homegame that I'm playing every hand, when really I'll play 20 percent at most.

Love the raise in the dark option. Always great to try and fire up the table a little when you first sit down. First impression baby can last a life time.Nice win by the way, even if you backed up into it.

If the raise is dark, then I don't mind the play as much. The size of the raise and bets from villian represents strength to me so I'd either fold the flop or turn. In a typical situation, the flop would always be a fold, but if you're trying to set your image against a player who knows you raised dark, peeling one card might be OK.I really hate the push in this situation, since villian has every reason to believe you're weak here. This was a really bad fold on his part.