Downswing Or Playing Bad?

Hey guys after running pretty well for a while playing 2/4 limit on full tilt I've hit a pretty big downswing the past few thousand hands ive played. Ive done the math and worked out im running at -4.5BB/100. Is this a large figure or one to be considered normal while not running so well?also this is over almost 3000 hands, too small of a sample?

Hey guys after running pretty well for a while playing 2/4 limit on full tilt I've hit a pretty big downswing the past few thousand hands ive played. Ive done the math and worked out im running at -4.5BB/100. Is this a large figure or one to be considered normal while not running so well?also this is over almost 3000 hands, too small of a sample?
O RLY? Actually, I don't know. Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I would suspect thats pretty big, as my numbers on Full Tilt playing 3/6, both Ring and 6-Max averages about 3.75/100, and thats a pretty high number over 20K hands or so. So Id say thats a pretty big downswing, although the sample is smallish, I just wouldnt let it go on like this forever. Take a break and switch games or something, that may help.Jeff

thanks for the help jeff. have moved down and swtiched over to omaha8 just think ill be able to lose at a slower rate until i can stop getting 2 and 3 outted here.hopefullyI can win one of those big gaurantees like you did soon. :Ppeace.

As mentioned, playing bad and downswings usually go hand in hand. I know I have lost a lot of bets thinking it was variance when really I was just playing poorly and making bad decisions. Taking a break always helps.