Calcutta Brag Post

I didnt know what a calcutta was until friday evening. Still not sure if I am spelling it correctly or not - anyway I went to a $100 buy in tourney that a friend of mine told me about. I get there by myself and I felt kinda weird when I look around for someone who looks like they are in charge ( I find the guy handing out chip bags) and ask him who I post my buy in with. His first question was if I was "with anyone", and as I am getting ready to tell him who recommended me he followed up with "are you a cop". Some guy who has seen me around holler's out that I am 'okay'. So I buy my chips, and sit down and the guy handing out chips gets on the mic and starts to hold an auction. I am familiar with auctions but never knew they were called calcutta's. Some guys were known locally I guess because others were banding together to 'buy them' for what I thought was a nutty amount of money. This was a whole new concept for me but it sounded like something I could get into on a regular basis. Long story short - nobody knew how I played and I had no idea who I should buy, so I buy myself for $20. Some guy bid on me right away, which made me think bigger of myself than I should of. I find out he is opening up the bid on all unknowns, min bid $10. Anyway, I won the tourney. Which in turn I won the calcutta. I won more money with the calcutta than I did for the auction. Tourney win 1st place = $2,700Auction = $4,000Some guys were going for 4 or 5 hundred dollars. Seems like the majority were getting 25 to 80.There were side games going on and a portable roulette table off in the corner that got going once folks started dropping out. I seen more 20's and 50's sitting on side games than I was used to. At one point I sat back and looked around and thought if the cops came in here everyone is going to jail.This opened my eyes to something I was not used too, I am talking about the bootheel of Southeast Missouri.

I didnt know what a calcutta was until friday evening. Still not sure if I am spelling it correctly or not - anyway I went to a $100 buy in tourney that a friend of mine told me about. I get there by myself and I felt kinda weird when I look around for someone who looks like they are in charge ( I find the guy handing out chip bags) and ask him who I post my buy in with. His first question was if I was "with anyone", and as I am getting ready to tell him who recommended me he followed up with "are you a cop". Some guy who has seen me around holler's out that I am 'okay'. So I buy my chips, and sit down and the guy handing out chips gets on the mic and starts to hold an auction. I am familiar with auctions but never knew they were called calcutta's. Some guys were known locally I guess because others were banding together to 'buy them' for what I thought was a nutty amount of money. This was a whole new concept for me but it sounded like something I could get into on a regular basis. Long story short - nobody knew how I played and I had no idea who I should buy, so I buy myself for $20. Some guy bid on me right away, which made me think bigger of myself than I should of. I find out he is opening up the bid on all unknowns, min bid $10. Anyway, I won the tourney. Which in turn I won the calcutta. I won more money with the calcutta than I did for the auction. Tourney win 1st place = $2,700Auction = $4,000Some guys were going for 4 or 5 hundred dollars. Seems like the majority were getting 25 to 80.There were side games going on and a portable roulette table off in the corner that got going once folks started dropping out. I seen more 20's and 50's sitting on side games than I was used to. At one point I sat back and looked around and thought if the cops came in here everyone is going to jail.This opened my eyes to something I was not used too, I am talking about the bootheel of Southeast Missouri.
sounds like a bad gay slave auction to me+1