I found DN's hand both debatable and interesting.From what I remember:Preflop:LP (probablly guy in cutoff) raises, DN calls in the small blind with A69K double suited, and the big blind calls.(6 SB)Flop:KK2 (2 of one suit)DN check, big blind thinks and checks, and preflop raiser checks.(3 BB)Turn (I think was a 5):KK25 (3 of one suit)DN checks, big blind raises, other guy calls, and DN check-raises. The big blind folds and the guy who called calls again.River:KK25(A or 6, DN made his house is what I remember)DN made his full house and bet while the other guy called.I believe DN played this hand very well on the turn, however I'm not so sure about checking that flop. I'm curious as to why he would do it. It gives others opportunities to hit flush draws or catch a low card on the turn. How many people check on this flop? I'm thinking that he was planning on a check-raise, but it didn't work out.

I agree with Navy here. I will often check in this position with the intent of check raising, especially with the nut non full house hand. I'm sure that Daniel was planning/hoping for a check raise.

I don't like the check (hoping to check-raise) as it may get checked around, allowing flush draws and low draws to improve for free. Probably wouldn't have gotten the flush draw (if it was the nut-flush) to fold for one SB, but a naked low draw would probably have let it go, enabling a scooped pot rather than a split.

actually, i like the check-raise. i'd expect a continuation bet from the p/f raiser (depending on stack sizes), we push out the flush draw and then have excellent scoopability on the p/f raiser, if he can even call the extra bet knowing that he's only getting half.if it gets checked around then we pull the check-raise on the turn and if we get the flush to fold odds are still in our favor to scoop.in tourney's you can really put people to the test because blinds and bets are relatively high compared to stack sizes.

I had the same thing come up in a MTT HE tournament today. Limped UTG with KK and saw a flop of K56 with 2 clubs. Bet the pot and a guy raised me all-in. He had 36c and naturally hit and I didn't. :club:

I had the same thing come up in a MTT HE tournament today. Limped UTG with KK and saw a flop of K56 with 2 clubs. Bet the pot and a guy raised me all-in. He had 36c and naturally hit and I didn't. :club:
hmmm... the two situations are nearly identical. luv.
hmmm... the two situations are nearly identical. luv.
It couldn't be any different. :club:
  • 2 weeks later...

there is a LOT of reason to think that the LP raiser here has an a2 hand, assuming he's playing relatively predictably. hence, his big low draw was busted on the flop and he's only got backup help there. in any case, if we are indeed going for a flop checkraise (though we could well go for a c/c flop, c/r turn line safely here, depending on how we're reading our opponents' hand selections), then we have more reason to think that a low coming on the turn hasn't improved our opponent's hand well enough to have him call down a low that may well just be an emergency backup like a8 or so that may well fold to enough aggression.