first allow me to say ,please excuse my typing,and my not knowing how to use this site i am 42 an not big into computers::: i have been playing poker a long time and a lot has changed, my son resently got to to play a for sng on line guess my question is. What is up with all this going all in b4 the flop, how stupid can people be you have five cards you havent seen yet that will or maybe !!! change your hand for better or worse , people talk about pre-flop percentage, YOU have none you cant base a percentage on in complete information . my 89 is just as strong as your KQ intill proven other wise to go all in b4 the flop ,,, when playing poker really begins is down right stupid ,,, not silly but stupid ,,,, ok i said my peace so please some one tell this old fart what the advantage is in this practice please. t c sloat salisbury, md
um...last time i checked kq is a bit stronger than 89 in the long run...if u want to stay shortsighted with ur thinking thats fine...people push preflop for many reasons and one is that they want ur stack at once and people are dumb enough to call....
first allow me to say ,please excuse my typing,and my not knowing how to use this site i am 42 an not big into computers::: i have been playing poker a long time and a lot has changed, my son resently got to to play a for sng on line guess my question is. What is up with all this going all in b4 the flop, how stupid can people be you have five cards you havent seen yet that will or maybe !!! change your hand for better or worse , people talk about pre-flop percentage, YOU have none you cant base a percentage on in complete information . my 89 is just as strong as your KQ intill proven other wise to go all in b4 the flop ,,, when playing poker really begins is down right stupid ,,, not silly but stupid ,,,, ok i said my peace so please some one tell this old fart what the advantage is in this practice please. t c sloat salisbury, md
where do you play? sn? wanna play?
people talk about pre-flop percentage, YOU have none you cant base a percentage on in complete information . my 89 is just as strong as your KQ intill proven other wise
Not really. If we were to enumerate every flop, turn, and river, the majority of our enumerations with these two hands in mind would result in a victory for KQ. The percentage of these enumerations that give KQ a victory is (by definition almost) the percentage that we assign to KQ for winning the hand. And yes, I am dignifying this post with a response.

Thanks everyone for your response. I think everyone got stuck on my K Q example, that they lost sight of the question. Where is the benefit and the long term profitablity, of all in before the flop. I didn't expect such RUDE, responses, its just a question that has been plagueing me for quite sometime. I mean, if you really think about it, yes a premium starting hand is always best. But I find on line play, that there are those people that are daring you to go all in, preflop, on rags. So all I was asking is, why does this seem to be a reoccurring practice in most internet play?P.S. And for those of you that would REALLY like to sit at a table with me, I have friday night games at my house. Stop by, have a coke and try your skill.