Turned Set Brings River Flush

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($1233.75)SB ($775.95)BB ($273.25)UTG ($151.15)MP ($3466.75)CO ($272.80)Preflop: Hero is Button with 2club.gif, 2diamond.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $35, SB calls $30, 1 fold.Flop: ($80) Tspade.gif, 6heart.gif, 9heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($80) 2heart.gif(2 players)SB bets $50, Hero raises to $150, SB raises to $250, Hero calls $100.River: ($580) Kspade.gif(2 players)SB bets $230, Hero calls $230.Final Pot: $1040Comments, critiques, praise?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($1233.75)SB ($775.95)BB ($273.25)UTG ($151.15)MP ($3466.75)CO ($272.80)Preflop: Hero is Button with 2club.gif, 2diamond.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $35, SB calls $30, 1 fold.Flop: ($80) Tspade.gif, 6heart.gif, 9heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($80) 2heart.gif(2 players)SB bets $50, Hero raises to $150, SB raises to $250, Hero calls $100.River: ($580) Kspade.gif(2 players)SB bets $230, Hero calls $230.Final Pot: $1040Comments, critiques, praise?
Personally I woulded of folded to the re-raise. I may of raised on the flop after his check.

Why no CB on the flop? It seems like this is an obvious spot to try to take the pot down. The turn is fine though. You're obviously worried about the flush, but you'd be an idiot to fold when you have 10 outs that are almost certainly good. On the river, your pot odds are too good to fold, but he has the flush too often to raise, so I think a call's pretty standard.

hand looks good to me.with that flop, especially shorthanded, your continuation bet is getting check-raised a lot, so i check there sometimes as well.curious though, what was your plan given a different turn? i assume you're betting/raising any overcards, but same with a completed flush or 1-card str8?

Personally I woulded of folded to the re-raise. I may of raised on the flop after his check.
pot odds? I have 10 outs to beat a flush (his most likely hand), 1 out to catch a set, and occassionally I will have the best hand.
Why no CB on the flop? It seems like this is an obvious spot to try to take the pot down.
I CB all the time. I figured on this board, given my opponents cc pf, it may be a good spot not too. Just trying to mix things up.
On the river, your pot odds are too good to fold, but he has the flush too often to raise, so I think a call's pretty standard.
This was my main concern. Im not sure if I'm ahead enough on the river to make calling profitable. BTW, villian is unknown.

screech,i just read the section in NLHTAP about preflop raise sizing (i'm assuming you've read this book)in this situation the authors would suggest raising to about $60 on the button, atleast thats an example they used except with 44.in general, what do you think about that idea?

screech,i just read the section in NLHTAP about preflop raise sizing (i'm assuming you've read this book)in this situation the authors would suggest raising to about $60 on the button, atleast thats an example they used except with 44.in general, what do you think about that idea?
I the button was tight and raised to $60 here, I'd put him on a small pair.Mark
Why no CB on the flop? It seems like this is an obvious spot to try to take the pot down. The turn is fine though. You're obviously worried about the flush, but you'd be an idiot to fold when you have 10 outs that are almost certainly good. On the river, your pot odds are too good to fold, but he has the flush too often to raise, so I think a call's pretty standard.
Not sure about the villian, but this part can be important to the hand. Given the river, it does seem like he has a flush. But on the turn w/o the info of his river bet size, he may reraise you here every once in awhile because his turn bet can be seen as a somewhat weak attempt to take down a pot against a passive preflop raiser. The ensuing string of raise, re-raise is often times a very aggressive attempt to not be outplayed on the SB's part. (2/5 live talking. I have no idea what 5/10 online would play like tho.) the turn and river are pretty straight forward after the flop action. Only real thing I thought was weird was the check on the flop. If you want to mix it up by not betting every flop (which I do shed as well), I'd rather see you do it w/ two overcards than a mid-small pair.
I'm still having trouble with that idea. I think in a lot of internet games, a raise to that size only gets called by very strong hands. I want to build a big pot pf in case I hit my set, but not so big that making a CB will be uncomfortable because my opponents hand range is so strong. I think a raise to 40-45 would have been better.
the turn and river are pretty straight forward after the flop action. Only real thing I thought was weird was the check on the flop. If you want to mix it up by not betting every flop (which I do shed as well), I'd rather see you do it w/ two overcards than a mid-small pair.
Makes sense. The reason I never CB this flop was because I don't think it works that often given my opponents pf play and the board texture. Not only was it for mixing up purposes, but I wonder if I take this pot down 1 in 3 times on the flop?
Makes sense. The reason I never CB this flop was because I don't think it works that often given my opponents pf play and the board texture. Not only was it for mixing up purposes, but I wonder if I take this pot down 1 in 3 times on the flop?
Like I said, at 5/10 (online) I have no idea. At anything from .25/.50 - 2/4 Online I would say it gets folded on this board probably 3 out of 4 times.

i disagree with you thinkng this board gets folded 75% of the time to a cbet...im fine with checking this flop with a small pair, as long as we dont do it everytime with a small pair cause we are scared or whatever, or being check/raised..turn play is weird when looking at river bet...i'd call this down too...wishing i could raise...but uh, yea....looks fine- Jordan