I wanted to know if anyone has long term experience with 6 seater turbos. I'm shooting to knock out 1,000 of them, and at about 175 so far.What I've noticed is for the first 100, my ROI was around 30% and ITM about 45%. This netted me about $600 - $700 at the 22s. So I was definitely on a super heater. The last 75 have been brutal and my ROI is 1% back to almost where I started.So the question is what does variance look like in the turbos??? Anyone knock out 500-1000 of these and make it out alive?Also, this is not a play issue, I am getting the chips in on the right side of things, just nothing has been holding up. A stat that makes me sick is i've bubbled 56 times, and the majority of those were in the last 75.

The only turbos I've played were 9-handed, 18-handed, or 45-handed, but I think that the vaviance is much higher in turbos than in standard games. I also think that the variance is higher in short-handed sngs than in full tables (but I might be wrong about that), so I would say that short-handed turbos would have huge variance.Why do you like them? Not that they're bad games, I'm really just curious.

Why do you like them? Not that they're bad games, I'm really just curious.
I used to play the standard sngs, but over time they've really tightened up. The turbos seem to magnify weakness tenfold and force decisions. I'm presumptuous enough to think that my decisions will be better.Also, I've always been kind of all over the place and hit and run when it comes to poker, and I've finally decided to stick to one thing and try to do it well.I hope this batch is the worst of it and the consequences are breaking even.

Turbos-crapshoots.Honestly though, I tried to make the $6 18 person turbos on stars my bread and butter, but couldn't accomplish it. Too many times I'd get to the final table with an above avg stack, and simply get unlucky. Sure, I occasionally made bad plays. However, the thing about the FT of MTT turbos is, at the FT with anywhere from 7-5 lleft, it's basically an all in fest, or an all in reraising preflop fest. Therefore the variance will definitely be big.I had some luck, but gave up on em. Their fun to blow off some steam, and they're quick. Basically if you want to work on your aggression in tourneys, play a turbo. You'll be surprised how different you play in them.

Turbos-crapshoots.Honestly though, I tried to make the $6 18 person turbos on stars my bread and butter, but couldn't accomplish it. Too many times I'd get to the final table with an above avg stack, and simply get unlucky. Sure, I occasionally made bad plays. However, the thing about the FT of MTT turbos is, at the FT with anywhere from 7-5 lleft, it's basically an all in fest, or an all in reraising preflop fest. Therefore the variance will definitely be big
I think it would be very difficult to play 18 person turbos and consistently win. My rationale with the 6 person, is it's only 4 to 1 against cashing, and almost 4 to 1 on my money if i win it.Unfortunately I'm 180 tournaments into it, and I'm breaking even. I have 2k bankroll at the 22s, so I'm more than rolled for it, but to watch it go to 2.7k and then back down to 2k over 180 tournaments is demoralizing. Of course my 2k is from a lucky multi win soooo this is my first experience trying to grind it out. Maybe I'm a *****.Or maybe 5 minute blinds is a crapshoot, and regardless of how bad the players are, coin-flips seem to dominate play. And I've bubbled 65 times, sooooo I'm not winning them much.So maybe in 180 tournaments, I've realized that 6 seater turbos have zero expectation if you're a solid player???Anyone have a sample size that's close to 1k?????? Come on FCPers.

I think you hit the nail on the head with "maybe 5-minute blinds is a crapshoot." I used to like the turbos, not anymore though.And if you "lucked" your way into a $2,000 cash in an mtt, maybe you should play more mtts....

This is what I'm going to do per the advice from you guys. Stop playing turbos, and play the normal 22 6 seaters, with typical 10 minute blinds. I just don't see this ending anytime soon. I mean seriously within a week I netted $700.00 and lost it in two days. 31 buy-in downswing to breakeven. Unreal.Sooo, I'll post after I knock out 100.Thanks for the advice guys.

Just read something the other day from Scott Fishman who said he loved the full table turbos but didn't think the short handed SNGs were worth it. Basically because in the 6 man you have to play to win since 2nd pays next to nothing. In the 10 man SNGs you play to cash and it's much easier to consistantly make money.

The turbos really do flip the cream-of-the-crop saying on its head IMO. You will end up in a ton of races that would never occur in a normal sitngo, making it a true form of gambling in my opinion. I played one earlier today, third hand in, im on the button with pocket kings. UTG +2 open-pushes, am I supposed to fold here? Unlikely! Of course he has aces and I fail to suck out on him.