The Sign Of The Beast...stud Hi Hand

Very first hand at the table. Seven Card Stud Hi $0.50-$1 (real money), hand #680,221,478Table Port Said, 4 Jul 2006 3:30 PM ETSeat 1: o ($5.00 in chips)Seat 2: e ($22.90 in chips)Seat 4: R ($5.25 in chips)Seat 5: Rocketwad0 ($30.00 in chips)Seat 6: t ($6.60 in chips)Seat 7: l ($9.00 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSEveryone anteesDEALSeat 1: o [ xx,xx,2D ] Brings-in, CallsSeat 2: e [ xx,xx,QD ] FoldsSeat 4: R [ xx,xx,AH] Calls, CallsSeat 5: Rocketwad0 [ 6C,6H,6S ] Calls, CallsSeat 6: t [ xx,xx,JS ] RaisesSeat 7: l [ xx,xx,10H ] CallsAn omen of things to come? Perhaps. I opt to use some measure of disguise for my monster hand (for now). Looking back, I doubt anyone would have folded had I raised at any point.4TH (pot is 6.2 SB's)Seat 1: o [ xx,xx,2D,4S ] CallsSeat 4: R [ xx,xx,AH,10D ] Checks, FoldsSeat 5: Rocketwad0 [ 6C,6H,6S,AD ] BetsSeat 6: t [ xx,xx,JS,QH ] CallsSeat 7: l [ xx,xx,10H,5S ] CallsI had planned on betting/raising no matter what cards came out for me OR my opponents (barring them pairing their door card). Figured they were calling anyhow when I got an ace, so may as well build a bigger pot with my sweet hand.5TH (pot is 5.10 BB's)Seat 1: o [ xx,xx,2D,4S,KH ] Checks, FoldsSeat 5: Rocketwad0 [ 6C,6H,6S,AD,2S ] BetsSeat 6: t [ xx,xx,JS,QH,2C ] CallsSeat 7: l [ xx,xx,10H,5S,AC ] Checks , CallsNo scary boards out there. Keep pounding.6TH (pot is 8.10 BB's)Seat 5: Rocketwad0 [ 6C,6H,6S,AD,2S,9C ] ChecksSeat 6: t [ xx,xx,JS,QH,2C,JC ] ChecksSeat 7: l [ xx,xx,10H,5S,AC,4D ] ChecksPaired his door card. Shoot.7TH (pot is 8.10 BB's)Seat 5: Rocketwad0 [ 6C,6H,6S,AD,2S,9C,5C ] CallsSeat 6: t [ xx,xx,JS,QH,2C,JC,xx ] BetsSeat 7: l [ xx,xx,10H,5S,AC,4D,xx ] Folds95% sure he has trip jacks, but praying he has two pair. Getting 8-1 on the call here.Thoughts on this hand please (remember, this is easily my worst game, so don't worry about being gentle, as I couldn't care less about how this hand was played).

Trap play is dangerous in Stud. I complete 3rd. hope for some added action by anyone with a high pair.4th and fifth played well. 6th, I still bet. I'm not too scared of that card, and even if he raises, he could just be assuming that he does have the best hand with Jacks, or even jacks up, and I would even 3-bet there to see where I'm at. You're most likely not going to get away from this hand anyway. If he calls, your 6's are good. If he caps, check/call if you don't improve on 7th.

Chip Reese in SS encourages players to slowplay rolled up hands due to their strength. I disagree. Stud is a game where everybody and their mother chases miracle draws and people should be getting rid of those any way they can.One should also know that with a rolled up hand, it's probably going to have to stand on its own because there's only one immediate way to improve it and that's by hitting the case card. Otherwise, you'll have to hope for four of a suit shared with one of the sixes, four straight cards or another pair to show up from fourth to seventh street. The first two are nearly impossible and the pair in that situation doesn't happen all that frequently.