$50 to $1000 on pstars day 33

• 4 months later...
I personally like this idea. It concentrates more on the overall play of the hand.
you realize that on the major poker forums [2+2 and RGP] they post the hands without showing opponents' hole cards? this is standard, not a new idea.
I personally like this idea. It concentrates more on the overall play of the hand.
you realize that on the major poker forums [2+2 and RGP] they post the hands without showing opponents' hole cards? this is standard, not a new idea.
you realize that this thread is months old right?

I realize that the beginners who follow these posts like holdem, but Smash mentions Stud and O-8. I'd like to suggest that based on my recent play after joining Stars, that anyone who can follow the Zee/Sklansky basic strategy on O 8 and Stud 8, can very easily turn $120 bonus into $1000 in much less time. It may not last long, but I've found that the .50/1.00 limit stud and Omaha8 (at low limits) has players at Stars who are lacking in even the most basic skills--Essentially you are often playing verses random hands and can often scoop pots where at a higher limit (even $2-$4) you'd be lucky to split or even just a quarter for low.My point is with a .05/.10 ante in stud 8 for instance, you can be very selective and also get many extra bets in that wouldn't be EV+ against marginally skilled players at higher limits-I was only playing to meet the bonus (O-8 is fastest BTW), but was shocked at my hourly rate of $12 an hour at 2 tables --BTW, I wasn't lucky here, it was all the extra money the fish were donating. The hi-lo helped offset the high variance typical of fishy games--And I'm not just taking fish, I mean plyers calling with low when there is no low, and playing three of a kind in their hand (O8)-- I guess thinking 3 cards play!! :oops: