A Common Problem I Run Into

Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$46 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) jjdylan is SB with J :club: Q :D3 folds, Button calls, jjdylan raises, BB folds, Button calls.Flop: 6:heart: 8 :D 7 :) (4SB, 2 players)jjdylan bets, Button calls.Turn: A :) (3BB, 2 players)jjdylan bets, Button calls.River: 8 :D (5BB, 2 players)jjdylan checks, Button bets, jjdylan folds.Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Button.Results:Final pot: 5BBThis is just an example of the situation...i could have any number of hands here....but villian, who usually has a vpip of around 50% limps in on the button. I know i have the best hand to begin with, so i raise. I totally miss whatever flops and turns...and am faced with a villian that simply wont fold. In this example, i think it is a good possibility that i DO have the best hand here on the river, but im usually left with Q K or A high and nothing to do but fold.

normally i just complete in this spot preflop with your raise, betting the flop and the ace on the turn makes sense the river you could possibly check/call depending on how much of a donk the button is, but check/folding should be the normal line

Just call preflop. Just because you have an equity edge preflop does'nt mean you HAVE to push it. Especially when your out of position, you should wait till you see the flop before deciding whether to get money in there with these kinds of hands.