This is where I need to have more info than what we have to be convinced. We're down to ten bets already. So maybe we're either early in and we've taken a small shot. In which case, i personally would rather gamble in this spot and try to accumulate chips. I don't know... I'm trying to think of a situation where I would want to make a play for the pot immediately, but the chip stack and blinds don't justify it. I know what you're saying and I will agree w/ it in a number of situations. i'm having a hard time fabricating one right here though.How about when it's 4 handed, you're first to act and have no idea what to do if there are overcalls to a bet after you check. Or if it gets checked around. Or, oh just ****ing trust me. If it's close AT ALL, if you acknowledge that there isn't some GIGANTIC edge to not open pushing then it clearly makes a lot more sense to just move in here.I don't think there's any advantage at all to checking planing to C/R, but assuming there were and it was marginal, the number of times it gets checked around or bluffed at by junk and you fold makes open pushing better. good luck.
Did I ever say that I would be confused by overcalls? Is it a 4 handed table? Also, I don't intend to fold here. If I'm willing to push at it. That's just common sense.I bolded the part that I agree with you about which I addressed. We really need to be confident about a bet behind us. In an unraised pot preflop, I don't know how confident we can be about that. Which is why I would rather push this than C/R it (barring a read on the table from hero). But that wasn't the issue I brought up in the first place. Or was it what I was addressing in your comment. I acknowledged that if we expect check check, C/R doesn't make much sense. If we expect a bet C/Ring is a much better play and you contended that pushing and taking down a pot was better than allowing some one who was behind us to commit and be forced to call a C/R when 25-35% to win the pot. Which simply is not true no matter how you slice it. Getting people to put money in as a dog is good here.

Im probably the tightest tournament player in the forums, and even I advocate the open push here...1200 with 0 risk is much better than 2000 with 25% risk (let alone +60% which is probably more accurate) IMO.