quiz question #6

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say call and hope a K or A doesn't flop. If one does flop I lead out with a 1/3 pot feeler bet. He's probably puting me on Ace something usually and may be scared as well of a AK flop if he doesn't have Ace something or KK. He may be just as scared of losing all his chips this early in the tourney as well. If you get RR'd then fold and live to fight on into the tourney.

• 1 month later...

OK...this is what i would do..I would raise a little more than the 3x raise that you put in to begin with. This gives me a little more focus on what range of hands i can put someone on if they reraise that. I "think" (my opinion) that people don't see a 3x raise as being very strong, therefore are more apt to reraise it with less than optimal hands. a 4x or 4.5x raise and people sorta perk up and give you a bit more credit.If in fact we do get a reraise here from the button, id be a little more concerned with hands like KK or AA, but id still reraise it back 3x his raise to see where im at. If at this point he is holding AA or KK, he will want to prove it to you and push...and you are out of the hand as cheap as you could be...If he flat calls, im worried and a little cloudy..but id probably put him on JJ AK or maybe KK (if he is the type to be scared of AA). And id have to tread very carefully on a flop with an ace or face, unless of course my Q hits.

• 3 weeks later...

I say call. Theres about 1k in the pot, and the button has at this point way over bet I think if he had AA or KK then he wouldn't want to push too hard preflop, I'd put him on a medium or small pocket pair or suited cards. I think it's a bluff and would call and bet the flop about 800 or so to see what he does and as some one has already stated depending on the flop you coul lay it down and still have plenty of time to build it back up.

Announcements