Party 0.5/16 handedPreflop:LP player (no read) raises, I defend with 22.Flop: JJ7 or something similarI check/callTurn: 8I check/raiseRiver: 5 or something insignificantI bet Good or bad?What players would this be bad against, and what line should I take vs them?What players, if any, would this line be good against?

.5/1? BUSTO!I posted a similar hand and I think you said my line sucked with the turn raise. I don't mind it against players who will keep firing without a pair, I dunno about the river though. Any chance we should be checking?

.5/1? BUSTO!I posted a similar hand and I think you said my line sucked with the turn raise. I don't mind it against players who will keep firing without a pair, I dunno about the river though. Any chance we should be checking?
Hahaha. I have a losing record at .5/1 on my pt database and I want to fix that. After todays quick session, I have am even more in the red. I just can't beat that ****ing game. :D I don't remember the hand that you posted, but I can see why I may have thought it sucked. Against players that will fire again on the river regardless, I think raising the turn is pretty bad. In your hand, I may have been right, or wrong, without really understanding why. I need to be more open-minded and put more thought into hands like this. This is a pretty common situation, and I think exploring all the different lines can really help my bottom line.Unfortunately, I haven't really put very much thought into this yet, so I am still in the same situation I was in when I replied to your hand. I'm going out in a minute, and I'll be hungover tomorrow, so it's going to be another couple days before I can contribute anything meaningful to this thread. Maybe someone else can before then. :club:
Hahaha. I have a losing record at .5/1 on my pt database and I want to fix that. After todays quick session, I have am even more in the red. I just can't beat that ****ing game. :club:
I don't know how much time you've spent at .5/1, but i am expert at that level. it plays so much different than the higher stakes that i wouldn't spend too much time trying to beat it. fwiw, i don't think c/ring 22 is a great play here. just bet it the whole way against a loose player or call down against an aggressive player.at a different level, your turn c/r could get someone to make a bad fold, but that isn't going to happen very often here.