Have been trying aggressive style, what do you think of this bluff?$0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:38:11 ET - 2006/04/21Seat 1: The Dubliner ($24.60)Seat 2: benchmademan ($25.60)Seat 3: BioHazardx ($35.75)Seat 4: johnnycage05 ($3.90)Seat 5: brlbully ($19.50)Seat 6: Jjgoldy5 ($71.55)johnnycage05 posts the small blind of $0.25brlbully posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Jjgoldy5 [8d Td]Jjgoldy5 raises to $1The Dubliner foldsbenchmademan calls $1BioHazardx foldsjohnnycage05 foldsbrlbully calls $0.50*** FLOP *** [9h 2s Qd]brlbully checksJjgoldy5 bets $1.50benchmademan calls $1.50brlbully folds*** TURN *** [9h 2s Qd] [7d]Jjgoldy5 checksbenchmademan bets $6.25Jjgoldy5 calls $6.25*** RIVER *** [9h 2s Qd 7d] [As]Jjgoldy5 bets $18.75

Nope. A read may help, as there are a lot of players at 25/50 you just really shouldn't bluff.... regardless.Why did you give up the lead on the turn when you caught one of the best cards you could w/o making your hand?Betting the ace as a scare card, well, he honestly could have made two pair here very often and you're going to get a helmuth type call. That's all w/o any understanding of what you interpretted his betting ot mean tho.

It's just poorly played all around and it's not a good bluff.You should fold on the turn. Only 8 cards help you and there's 46 unknowns and you called a bet that is much much much larger than the pot.That being said, given the bad decisions made in the hand you did the only thing that would allow you to win, which was go all-in. I commend you for that but I'd call this all day with any Q. The one thing you have to your advantage is your horrible call on the turn. Your opponent might be thinking set.

You should fold on the turn. Only 8 cards help you and there's 46 unknowns and you called a bet that is much much much larger than the pot.
?? am I missing something or reading the hand wrong? He had a flush draw and open ended straight draw. That's more than 8 outs although we don't know if all are clean. And the pot was $6.00 after the flop and called a 6.25 raise on the turn.
?? am I missing something or reading the hand wrong? He had a flush draw and open ended straight draw. That's more than 8 outs although we don't know if all are clean. And the pot was $6.00 after the flop and called a 6.25 raise on the turn.
9 Diamonds, 4 6's, 4 J's -2 (15 outs)You really call 36 BBs with just the queen?Maybe I am way off base here, I completely whiffed a big draw, and tried to represent AK or a set...Is it really that transparent?

I didn't see that it brought the flush as well.Even still, you don't have the odds. Now you have 15 outs and 46 unknowns, slightly worse than 1/3rd for a bet that is more than the pot.

9 Diamonds, 4 6's, 4 J's -2 (15 outs)You really call 36 BBs with just the queen?Maybe I am way off base here, I completely whiffed a big draw, and tried to represent AK or a set...Is it really that transparent?
No it isn't, because of your horrible call on the turn. That one would confuse me if I were your opponent. In fact, it almost looks like someone being cautious with AA.

this is the problem with playing outta position.this is also a "possible" advantage of playing a short stack who may be on scared money. If he folded on the river he may of had a hand like QJ and the Ace scared him. He may just not of wanted to go broke. If you are raising this hand, you need to raise 3 - 3.5x bb, not a mini-raise...start selling the idea you have a hand and are confident. Although, some people do min raise big pairs UTG, I do not thnk it's a good play to do.- Jordan

I didn't see that it brought the flush as well.Even still, you don't have the odds. Now you have 15 outs and 46 unknowns, slightly worse than 1/3rd for a bet that is more than the pot.No it isn't, because of your horrible call on the turn. That one would confuse me if I were your opponent. In fact, it almost looks like someone being cautious with AA.
I don't think it's a horrible call on the turn. I'd be more concerned with his call on the flop. His odds on the turn are 15-31 or about 1-2. He's calling 6.25 into a 12.25 pot, also basically 1-2. He's almost has pot odds if he wins everytime he hits (I suspect some of his outs may be tainted). If the pot odds aren't enough to call the implied odds should be. Villian seems to have something he's going to call another bet with if the straight or flush comes on the river.I'd almost suggest a semi-bluff raise on the turn, except for two things. The limits are too low for your opponent to fold A-Q to a big bet, and the 7 is a nothing card and he definitely won't expect a set of 7's. The call is fine IMO. Check/fold the river if unimproved.If villian has AA he played it terribly. I don't put villian on AA here. Small set or Qx would be more like it.

I think he meant that the way I played my hand it looked like I had AA.Thanks for the input

I think he meant that the way I played my hand it looked like I had AA.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I don't think it's a horrible call on the turn. I'd be more concerned with his call on the flop. His odds on the turn are 15-31 or about 1-2. He's calling 6.25 into a 12.25 pot, also basically 1-2. He's almost has pot odds if he wins everytime he hits (I suspect some of his outs may be tainted). If the pot odds aren't enough to call the implied odds should be. Villian seems to have something he's going to call another bet with if the straight or flush comes on the river.I'd almost suggest a semi-bluff raise on the turn, except for two things. The limits are too low for your opponent to fold A-Q to a big bet, and the 7 is a nothing card and he definitely won't expect a set of 7's. The call is fine IMO. Check/fold the river if unimproved.If villian has AA he played it terribly. I don't put villian on AA here. Small set or Qx would be more like it.
Yes, I meant that it almost looks like a cautiously played AA. The call on the turn is just weird.If you are getting heavy implied odds if you make your hand then bluffing is the worst move. You are saying, "I have implied odds if I hit my hand because dude will call," then bluffing him is the worst possible idea because you've already surmised he will call even with a scary river call.As for pot odds, I think there is a big gap in equity between percentage of pot to call and percentage of hitting the hand. 32% to hit, 50% to call. I guess you like credit cards if you like an 18% gap in equity.As for the good doctor, I'm really not so sure what's funny. Maybe you can enlighten us with your "Jam with Queens if there's a raise, re-raise, then you to go," mentality and explain that if you were the villain, what you'd put our Hero on.
If you are getting heavy implied odds if you make your hand then bluffing is the worst move. You are saying, "I have implied odds if I hit my hand because dude will call," then bluffing him is the worst possible idea because you've already surmised he will call even with a scary river call.As for pot odds, I think there is a big gap in equity between percentage of pot to call and percentage of hitting the hand. 32% to hit, 50% to call. I guess you like credit cards if you like an 18% gap in equity.
I didn't say heavy implied odds. It's not like he has a monster stack left or would necessarily call a monster bet. I meant that there is implied odds to consider. I agree, if you have heavy implied odds then a semi-bluff is wrong. If slight implied odds and a very marginal call to start with, well then if a semi-bluff would work a good percentage of the time then I'd rather take the pot down there. I don't think the semi-bluff would work here as I stated before.You are right about the 50% to call. Rough day and I'm a little off. The 18% gap in equity would make a call technically incorrect. Factor in the implied odds and this goes from a terrible call to a marginal call IMO.I still don't see villian having AA. If he does then MasterLJ is anappropriate name.
I didn't say heavy implied odds. It's not like he has a monster stack left or would necessarily call a monster bet. I meant that there is implied odds to consider. I agree, if you have heavy implied odds then a semi-bluff is wrong. If slight implied odds and a very marginal call to start with, well then if a semi-bluff would work a good percentage of the time then I'd rather take the pot down there. I don't think the semi-bluff would work here as I stated before.You are right about the 50% to call. Rough day and I'm a little off. The 18% gap in equity would make a call technically incorrect. Factor in the implied odds and this goes from a terrible call to a marginal call IMO.I still don't see villian having AA. If he does then MasterLJ is anappropriate name.
For the 3rd time, I'm trying to peg what the VILLAIN thinks HERO has. HERO made a very weird call on the turn and an even weirder all-in on the river. If I were VILLAIN I would consider the possibility HERO had AA and played it weakly. I'd be leaning towards bluff, but the point is what is HERO trying to represent with his bluff.
For the 3rd time, I'm trying to peg what the VILLAIN thinks HERO has. HERO made a very weird call on the turn and an even weirder all-in on the river. If I were VILLAIN I would consider the possibility HERO had AA and played it weakly. I'd be leaning towards bluff, but the point is what is HERO trying to represent with his bluff.
Oops, sorry. I wouldn't put hero on AA here either. I think Hero is mearly trying to represent an A or two pair since a Q was the high card on the board before then, making it hard for KQ to call. You can't get too tricky at these levels as most opponents aren't going to be that observent to even see what you are tring to do. I'm oviously not even observent today to play at these levels...maybe I should take the night off.
Oops, sorry. I wouldn't put hero on AA here either. I think Hero is mearly trying to represent an A or two pair since a Q was the high card on the board before then, making it hard for KQ to call. You can't get too tricky at these levels as most opponents aren't going to be that observent to even see what you are tring to do. I'm oviously not even observent today to play at these levels...maybe I should take the night off.
Min-raise then slow-playing aces is so common at 0.25/0.50 it's disgusting. Just to make things crystal clear, if I were villain the thought of hero having AA would have gone through my mind as a possibility (albeit, not too likely).