I saw this in a 10+1 5-table SnG that I was playing on Party this weekend. There are less than 20 players left, top 7 get the money.Blinds T800/T400.UTG has T6,000 (roughly)BB has T1,783UTG calls (T800)SB foldsBB pushes (raises T983)UTG thinks for a moment, then folds.Maybe it's just me, but I can't think of a situation where I would NOT push on an unraised pot as BB in this situation. I'd be looking at my 6/3 and thinking "Wish me luck!" Incidentally, UTG never made the money, and BB ended up 2nd or 3rd, I believe (I'd have to check to be certain).

At these levels nothing surprises meI saw yesterday on the very 1st hand of a 180 man sng on stars a guy limped UTG the CO overbet all in and UTG called with 67 offsuit and CO had AA

At these levels nothing surprises meI saw yesterday on the very 1st hand of a 180 man sng on stars a guy limped UTG the CO overbet all in and UTG called with 67 offsuit and CO had AA
LOL! I try to play a good game, no matter what level I'm playing at. But I will play hands differently, depending on the situation. Last night I was playing Party's $2 tourney. I got Aces first hand, MP. I thought for a few seconds, then pushed (two limpers in front of me). Sure enough, I get a guy who says "You're history, moron." Last words. He had pocket Jacks. Playing at higher levels, I may not make that play, but when it's the first hand in a $2 tourney, I think it's the right play. (Ended up 62nd for $6. w00t!)
LOL! I try to play a good game, no matter what level I'm playing at. But I will play hands differently, depending on the situation. Last night I was playing Party's $2 tourney. I got Aces first hand, MP. I thought for a few seconds, then pushed (two limpers in front of me). Sure enough, I get a guy who says "You're history, moron." Last words. He had pocket Jacks. Playing at higher levels, I may not make that play, but when it's the first hand in a $2 tourney, I think it's the right play. (Ended up 62nd for $6. w00t!)
Yeah I agree with ya here. Back in the day I played these $2 and $3 tournies and the play is atrocious especially in the early stages. But to through 22 bucks down the toilet on the first hand w/ 67 offsuit just shocked me well not really but I definitely laughedI mean you might as well light the money on fire at least it would be cool to watch.

It's interesting (to me) to notice how the game changes from level to level. Watch (or play) a $500 buy-in tourney and you'll see things like:Preflop: EP raises to 4X BB, LP raises to 8X BB, EP folds. In lower stakes tournaments, that will almost never happen, I guess because they generally do not understand the importance of table position.I'm obviously not a pro, but I do pretty well at the low-stakes tournaments, and poker is generally just for fun (when it isn't "just for fun", I need to take a break). I often watch the high(er)-stakes tournaments, and I feel that I learn a lot from that.