Gretzky Hockey On Psp

Wondered if anyone else has played this, since DN mentioned it in his blog.I have it, and just have never been able to get "in to"the game. I just didn't find that it translated that wellto the small screen.What modes, settings, etc do you guys use? Maybe that would help spice it up a bit....

When I had a PSP, gretzky hockey was the only game I purchased.. It was a decent game, but I grew bored of it after a few weeks.. It's fun to start a season and try to win through it, but I just totally lost interest. I used the default controls, but I don't remember what they were. (I sold my psp soonafter)

I still suck at the game. I usually get the hang of hockey games pretty quickly but the skating is difficult and playing defense is tough too. I lost my scoring touch too and have no clue why? I was scoring 5-6 goals a game and now I'm really lucky to get 3.

I have it too, but I'm not good at it. I don't really like hockey games much for the most part. The new GTA is pretty nice on the PSP though, about the only thing I use my PSP along with watching movies.

I play my PSP quite often, especially anytime there is waiting involved. I know this is a little off topic but my favs in order are:1. WSOP2. Hot Shots Golf3. Untold Legends Brotherhood of the BladePhlat________ :club:

my favs in order are:1. WSOP
I hope you're kidding. I can't stand that friggin game.If I had 900 years to play a poker tourney it would be great.That game is a jopke. I hope stacked on PSP is at least half decent.
I hope you're kidding. I can't stand that friggin game.If I had 900 years to play a poker tourney it would be great.That game is a jopke. I hope stacked on PSP is at least half decent.
So what did you not like about it? Did you set the game to its fastest mode so you dont have to view all the characters playing their hands? If you set it to the fastest mode and hit the X button multiple times after you fold, then it will skip to the next hand. Set it so all you see is the table from the top view. I admit there are problems with the game, but of the two poker games out now for PSP, WSOP is the far better than World Championship Poker 2. In WCP2, you are forced to wait out every hand, whether you fold or otherwise, which is way too tedious.I will admit it does take several hours if you get to the final table, which in my book is better than several days. I just think its enjoyable because it is a game I still can't crush, even after many many hours of play.Phlat__________ :club:

Speaking of WSOP, eh I don't care for it too much myself. I did happen to make it to the final day, and my eyes started to buzz. I had to take a lot of breaks, but overall it was doable. It's not something I strive for everytime I sit down with the game.

So what did you not like about it? Did you set the game to its fastest mode so you dont have to view all the characters playing their hands? If you set it to the fastest mode and hit the X button multiple times after you fold, then it will skip to the next hand. Set it so all you see is the table from the top view. I admit there are problems with the game, but of the two poker games out now for PSP, WSOP is the far better than World Championship Poker 2. In WCP2, you are forced to wait out every hand, whether you fold or otherwise, which is way too tedious.I will admit it does take several hours if you get to the final table, which in my book is better than several days. I just think its enjoyable because it is a game I still can't crush, even after many many hours of play.Phlat__________ :club:
Some good news and some bad news. You ain't gonna be able to "crush" STACKED. That game might start out easy for you in the early stages, but as you advance to the tougher levels you are going to have to play better. So what's the good news? If you can handle the late stages of the game, you'll become a way better poker player. STACKED and the other games aren't really comparable due to the advances A.I. If you want easy, stick with what you have. If you want to legitimately improve... you know what to do B)
Some good news and some bad news. You ain't gonna be able to "crush" STACKED. That game might start out easy for you in the early stages, but as you advance to the tougher levels you are going to have to play better. So what's the good news? If you can handle the late stages of the game, you'll become a way better poker player. STACKED and the other games aren't really comparable due to the advances A.I. If you want easy, stick with what you have. If you want to legitimately improve... you know what to do B)
Any "inside" stuff you can give us on how it will be specifically for the PSP?How are you enjoying it since you bought it?
I still suck at the game. I usually get the hang of hockey games pretty quickly but the skating is difficult and playing defense is tough too. I lost my scoring touch too and have no clue why? I was scoring 5-6 goals a game and now I'm really lucky to get 3.
I was having a tough time at the start but I quickly realized that the one-timer is the best way to go if you want to get goals. This pretty much goes for most other hockey games out there, just like the Gretzky game for PS2.

Daniel, I know you cant give too much info on Stacked, but I would like to know if you can skip to the next hand after you fold or must you wait for the computer players to finish? This one feature will probably determine whether I buy the game or not, since I have noticed on other games that it is way to tedious to sit and wait for the computer to finish the hand. I think when most people sit down to play they don't have the time to wait out every hand. I would be interested to see how Stacked measures up to WSOP, as the latter is a very tough game.Phlat________ :club:

Daniel, I know you cant give too much info on Stacked, but I would like to know if you can skip to the next hand after you fold or must you wait for the computer players to finish? This one feature will probably determine whether I buy the game or not, since I have noticed on other games that it is way to tedious to sit and wait for the computer to finish the hand. I think when most people sit down to play they don't have the time to wait out every hand. I would be interested to see how Stacked measures up to WSOP, as the latter is a very tough game.Phlat________ :D
Don't you want to still pay attention and get some reads and betting patterns? :club:

Haha, sure and you have a point, but tournaments just take forever when you have 1000+ players. Even when you can skip to the next hand after folding, WSOP takes hours to finish up a major tournament, which is more time than most can stand to stare at that little screen. I know you can save it, but it just gets old watching the PSP play itself 80% of the hands you are not in.Phlat________ :club:

Haha, sure and you have a point, but tournaments just take forever when you have 1000+ players. Even when you can skip to the next hand after folding, WSOP takes hours to finish up a major tournament, which is more time than most can stand to stare at that little screen. I know you can save it, but it just gets old watching the PSP play itself 80% of the hands you are not in.Phlat________ :club:
This is so true.