Keeping Personal Playing Stats

Has anyone heard of players keeping stats at a home game?Which stats would you recomend keeping?How would you record these stats?Would the usefull information gained be worth the effort?
Stats AT home games? Do you mean during the game?I keep stats on my wins/losses, where I played and with whom. But that's about it.
Yes.I haven't done it but just had a thought.
I don't think I ever would... I don't think it would be worth the effort for one. But mostly, for me anyway, home games are about fun poker with my buddies. I'm still trying to beat them, but they don't need to know how seriously I take it. I think if you started taking notes and stats at the table they'd 1) make fun of you. 2) They'd realize the difference in skill between them and you and start playing tighter (and thus, usually, better).Don't tap the glass!!! :club:
I don't think I ever would... I don't think it would be worth the effort for one. But mostly, for me anyway, home games are about fun poker with my buddies. I'm still trying to beat them, but they don't need to know how seriously I take it. I think if you started taking notes and stats at the table they'd 1) make fun of you. 2) They'd realize the difference in skill between them and you and start playing tighter (and thus, usually, better).Don't tap the glass!!! :D
:D now that you mention it I think you are totaly right.With my friends, keeping stats would be -EV :club:

One thing I was thinking was at my home game we get 100 chips. All chips are 1 except greens are 10. With multiple small chips(40 to start) and the "knowledge" that as the evening goes on I will have more chips what if I subtley made stacks with different chips representing different actions.eg. Say in a particular orbit I go preflop:Button: foldCO: raiseMP+2: foldMP+1: callMP: foldUTG+1: foldUTG: foldBB: foldSB: callthen I could have a nine chip stack with the bottom chip white(w) and the following chips, red® w blue(B) w w w w and the top chip blue for a stack ofbwwwwbwrwso out of nine I have 1 PF raise, 3 PF Vp$ip, and 6 folds for .11/.33I don't know just thinking :club: