small stakes hold'em by sklansky...applied

Hi there! Ok. Has anyone ever felt their game has been (hopefully) temporarily screwed up by changing strategies/implementing new ideas?? Hard to explain...1) Obviously, I doubt the errors are on Sklansky's part :)2) Something new I'm doing if affecting my game. On a positive side, Sklansky's more aggressive Low Limit style HAS won me bigger pots then before (integrating the concept of "pot equity", hopefully). However, if you build a bigger pot when you have an edge...missing several big hands creates a bigger downswing...I would assume. So perhaps PART of it is that I am not used to the bigger swings. Also, I'm sure I'm probably making a few errors (that aren't "according to Sklan") trying these ideas out along the way. Anyway, my previous style that I had developped, was a nice, safer, tight/aggressive play.3) I HAVE read elsewhere that other people find SSHE a little unrealistic in its assessment of "how loose it assumes the vast majority of small stakes players are." I tend to agree. I do not see many 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, or even .5/1 tables with 6-8 people seeing the flop!! Even his "tight" recommendations (3-5 people) are ...sometimes...OK HERE ARE MY MAIN CONCERNS from all this rambling, I think :)1. I don't want to undo the GOOD habits I've developped through tracking my own stats, and others learned from Holdem for Advanced Players(also Sklansky), Winning Low-Limit Holdem(Lee Jones), and who know where else. Particularly, I was just starting to feel OK in tighter, tougher games that I was sometimes running into at my meager .5/1, and preparing to move up.2. I've temporarily dropped down to .25/50 to try out the newer concepts, because A there is less risk there if I screw up a play, and B I can actually FIND loose enough games at this level to try some of these things out. Anyone think this is a good idea? I have pretty much always been a winning player until now (not huge, but consistent), and now, I seem to be breaking even, but swinging around alot more (bigger pots won and lost). Can anyone offer suggestions on what my post-flop leak(s) may be? Or do you just have to "risk more to win more?" I suspect I should be jumping ship sooner, or a little more often in the bigger pots I'm losing. I know there have been some calls I've made that I really haven't wanted to, but the now inflated pot odds have now made it MATHEMATICALLY correct to do so, (although perhaps not common sense???) What am I missing here? Also, I did have one session of horrendous bad beats, that might not be due to anything I've been trying, for the record.Anyway, would really appreciate ANY input, before I plod much deeper on this trail...Actually, I'd really appreciate any input, 'cause I've never TRIED discussing my limit play with anyone before! Sorry 'bout the rambling post....Take Care.

you wr0te a lot and said very little.At least, that anyone can use to help you.Post Hands!Post Hands!6-8 to a flop, apparently happens in live games more often.You can still assume your opponents take their hands too far and call down with crap, until proven otherwise.Playing aggressively in pots when you have an equity edge will increase your variance. Folding every hand will reduce it.Post Hands.Lee Jones old books suck. I hear.I knew nothing before this forum and SSHE, now they tell me I'm crushing Micro/Low Limits.

I don't know about saying little, but you are correct that I wasn't being that specific. I suppose I was talking about more in general, and approachs to the game. I've reposted this in the book forum, perhaps it fits better there. Like I find differences between Lee Jones book and Sklansky, so I found that opinion of yours helpful. So I guess I was asking opinions on various playing styles, and the transitions between them.I can post some hand histories in the future that relate to this. Although it WOULD help if FCP/PR would stop eating chunks of them!