bye, bye, weights off to carolina

St. Louis trades Doug Weight and F Erkki Rajamaki to Carolina for a 1st and 4th round pick this year, a 4th round pick next year, Fs Jesse Boulerice, Mike Zigomanis, and Magnus Kahnberg.OuchWith all the rumored interest in Weight, you'd think Carolina could get more than this. The youngest guy in the deal is Zigomanis and he's 25 and a career AHLer.Let the Blues firesale begin

As a season ticket holder, for 20 years now, I fell betrayed for the first time. The impending sale of this team has ripped the heart out of the entire organization (with a long i). Someone gave some bad advice. It's a lot easier to sell a team that fills the arena than it is to sell a team that has no talent and no fans. Personally I'll continue to get my tickets every year. I just love the game too much to give them up. However I long for the days when we were actually capable of winning some games. In the past 24 hours the team has traded their 2 highest scorers. The sad thing is there's a game tonight and I'm not sure if we'll get to see any goals for home team.I should just stay home and play poker.

the blues are already in last place, so whats the problem? Keeping weight isnt going to get them out of last place. Also, keep in mind weight is an unrestricted free agent. So carolina just gave up six guys for a rent a player. And if he really likes st.louis sooo much he can resign here next season if the blues can get him at the right price. Also, look for the team to be sold this week and finally for some direction. I also am a season ticket holder for the first time this year...i will see you at the game to watch a good calgary team.

Look for this to be more of a "loan" than a trade...I really don't see Weight signing long term with carolina...He's already said he wants to stay in the midwest and would like if at all possible to retire as a blue....I'm worried more about Checketts and Sansone than the actual product on the ice right now....

As a season ticket holder, for 20 years now, I fell betrayed for the first time.  The impending sale of this team has ripped the heart out of the entire organization (with a long i).  Someone gave some bad advice.  It's a lot easier to sell a team that fills the arena than it is to sell a team that has no talent and no fans.  Personally I'll continue to get my tickets every year.  I just love the game too much to give them up.  However I long for the days when we were actually capable of winning some games.  In the past 24 hours the team has traded their 2 highest scorers.  The sad thing is there's a game tonight and I'm not sure if we'll get to see any goals for home team.I should just stay home and play poker.
You sound like me, as a Pens fan, around 2002 or so.
the blues are already in last place, so whats the problem? Keeping weight isnt going to get them out of last place. Also, keep in mind weight is an unrestricted free agent. So carolina just gave up six guys for a rent a player.  And if he really likes st.louis sooo much he can resign here next season if the blues can get him at the right price. Also, look for the team to be sold this week and finally for some direction. I also am a season ticket holder for the first time this year...i will see you at the game to watch a good calgary team.
it would be kinda nice if out of the "6 players" more than one would be a likely worthwhile contributor.unless you expect much out of 2 4th rounders, Zigomanis, Boulerice, or Kahnberg.if they hit on the 1st, which looks like it'll be in the 20s, you have to figure that player is a couple years away even if they make a good choice.Uggggghhhhhhh

My concern is not that we traded Weight for a bunch of prospects. It is that all decisions right now are being made on the basis of money. That is not going to change until this team is sold. It's far easier to sell a team that is filling the seats. There are 2 ways to put fans in the seats: 1) Just win baby (which we don't) 2) Have marquis players (Tkachuk is the only one left and there's no one to get him the puck when he comes back). The league is not going to allow the Blues to be sold for bottom dollar, so this may drag on for quite some time. Add to that the fact that the city shows no intention to lower the taxes the Blues pay (some of the highest in the league and more than either the Cardinals or the Rams pay per ticket) and the sale will not happen easily. Two deals have already fallen through so why what is there to suggest that things will change soon.

the blues are already in last place, so whats the problem? Keeping weight isnt going to get them out of last place. Also, keep in mind weight is an unrestricted free agent. So carolina just gave up six guys for a rent a player. And if he really likes st.louis sooo much he can resign here next season if the blues can get him at the right price. Also, look for the team to be sold this week and finally for some direction. I also am a season ticket holder for the first time this year...i will see you at the game to watch a good calgary team.
it would be kinda nice if out of the "6 players" more than one would be a likely worthwhile contributor.unless you expect much out of 2 4th rounders, Zigomanis, Boulerice, or Kahnberg.if they hit on the 1st, which looks like it'll be in the 20s, you have to figure that player is a couple years away even if they make a good choice.Uggggghhhhhhh
On the "bright side", St. Louis is currently sitting in last place, which makes them the favorite in the Phil Kessel sweepstakes. Maybe that's what they're shooting for, since they're a done deal as far as the playoffs go...
As a season ticket holder, for 20 years now, I fell betrayed for the first time.  The impending sale of this team has ripped the heart out of the entire organization (with a long i).  Someone gave some bad advice.  It's a lot easier to sell a team that fills the arena than it is to sell a team that has no talent and no fans.  Personally I'll continue to get my tickets every year.  I just love the game too much to give them up.  However I long for the days when we were actually capable of winning some games.  In the past 24 hours the team has traded their 2 highest scorers.  The sad thing is there's a game tonight and I'm not sure if we'll get to see any goals for home team.I should just stay home and play poker.
Welcome to my world. Well, I guess only my world during early 2004. I actually bought a Petr Bondra Jersey 1 week before the Caps started their lockout preperations with his trade to Ottawa. After they sent off the (at the time) #1 point scoring defender Gonchar, I actually wrote Ted Leonsis a nasty email, which he lovingly responded to saying 'have fun in Ottawa and Boston.'Although I still havent forgiven the Caps gm McPhee, I have to tell you the pain goes away. Its hard to turn your back, even when your team has made the difficult decision to make the rebuild leap of faith. Then again, I had a season of no hockey to remind me that the Crapitals are better than no NHL at all.

Apparently, Weight said that he would love to return next summer as a FA in St-Louis. So the theory of a "loan" is a pretty good one...Can't wait to see what numbers Stall will put up playing alongside one of the 3 best passer in the last 10 years..

Damnit.Primeau is still hurt. And now the flyers can't make good on the Weight rumor.Anyone seen Recchi?
What about him? He's not leaving Pittsburgh.
I don't think so either.But the two names that I have heard from multiple sources were Weight and Recchi.I know he has alot of roots in Pitt, and he probably wants to retire there...The flyers need to get someone along those lines though.

I know that a few weeks ago, Recchi has repeatedly vowed never to leave the city, and that he'd retire as a Penguin. Mario backed this up and said he wasn't going anywhere. Of course, Mario is stepping down but I truly doubt the Penguins would trade him. The fans love him too much, and he's one of the few players that consistantly produces each game.