gotta love hands like this...

When you're on one of the biggest down swings ever, hands like this really warm your heart and remind you that maybe the cards aren't always out to get you... lol :club: Texas Hold'em $0.50-$1 (Real Money), #56,451,215Table Culver City, 28 Jan 2006 9:03 PM ETSeat 1: CDickplay ($38.95 in chips)Seat 2: NickelDiamer ($24.25 in chips)Seat 3: 340wby ($26.60 in chips)Seat 4: Em_Factor ($30.70 in chips)Seat 5: thrillsoft0 ($19.80 in chips)Seat 6: MOMP ($16.05 in chips)Seat 7: SL__72mn ($16.30 in chips)Seat 8: whitefolks ($25.60 in chips)Seat 9: cjworks com ($152.05 in chips)Seat 10: buck9x ($14.45 in chips)ANTES/BLINDS340wby posts blind ($0.25), Em_Factor posts blind ($0.50).PRE-FLOP2 fold, SL__72mn calls $0.50, 3 fold, CDickplay calls $0.50, 1 fold, 340wby calls $0.25, Em_Factor checks.FLOP [board cards K:club:,K:spade:,K:diamond: ]340wby checks, Em_Factor checks, SL__72mn bets $0.50, CDickplay calls $0.50, 340wby folds, Em_Factor calls $0.50.TURN [board cards K:club:,K:spade:,K:diamond: ,3:diamond: ]Em_Factor checks, SL__72mn checks, CDickplay bets $1, Em_Factor bets $2, SL__72mn folds, CDickplay calls $1.RIVER [board cards K:club:,K:spade:,K:diamond: ,3:diamond:,A:spade: ]Em_Factor bets $1, CDickplay calls $1.SHOWDOWNEm_Factor shows [ K:heart:,6:heart: ]CDickplay mucks cards [ Q:spade:,3:spade: ]Em_Factor wins $9.SUMMARYDealer: NickelDiamerPot: $9.50, (including rake: $0.50)CDickplay, loses $4NickelDiamer, loses $0340wby, loses $0.50Em_Factor, bets $4, collects $9, net $5thrillsoft0, loses $0MOMP, loses $0SL__72mn, loses $1whitefolks, loses $0cjworks com, loses $0buck9x, loses $0Anyway to get any more bets out of this? I thought about just cold-calling the turn so as not to lose anybody... but then obviously decided against it..

you could always bet the flop. you get called maybe even raised by A high, pocket pairs, people looking to boat up, etc. they cant give you their money if you dont bet and give them a chance to give it to you.

Don't check raise the turn. Call and hope SL__72mm comes along. If he doesn't, let CDickplay lead the river and raise him there. You might get a crying call.I coldn't tell you why CDickplay called your check raise on the turn. You might as well have showed him the K.

Don't check raise the turn. Call and hope SL__72mm comes along. If he doesn't, let CDickplay lead the river and raise him there. You might get a crying call.I coldn't tell you why CDickplay called your check raise on the turn. You might as well have showed him the K.
Wrong. If you're gonna get a raise in with quads, you have to do it on the turn. Way too many people slow down on the river and if you're looking to checkraise there, too often it will get checked around.I play this the same way as the OP. I'm gonna check that flop everytime. If it gets checked around, i'll bet the turn.