$20 pokerroom mtt low end of str8

Opponent is aggressive. He has min raised several hands UTG. He has not been caught bluffing post-flop (except for CBs). Sorry for the layout but I don't have the exact history.10 Handed, 180 left, top 120 get paid, you are near the chip leadersBlinds 150/300UTG (9,000)Hero is SB(15,000)(AcJd)UTG raises to 600, everyone folds to Hero, Hero calls 450 more, BB foldsFlop (1500)2c3h4dAction: Hero checks, UTG checksTurn (1500)2c3h4d5hAction: Hero checks, UTG bets 1500What's your play here? I thought this was an interesting hand. I'll post results after I get enought replies.

Im not buying that he's got 6s here. His bet is most likely a semi-bluff. Maybe you are facing a split pot or at worst a flush draw with the made straight with the A.If you were in position Id call and push if a flush card falls and he checks, you just might steal the whole pot.OOP he's already priced out his flush draw, so I would call. If a non-flush card falls I would push and try to take the whole thing. Since you were the SB he should have more fear of a 6 than you do.

Since noone seems to have any interest in this hand I think I'll post the results of this hand. I was actually the villain in this hand and had 6c7c. I think my opponent completely misplayed his hand. I think the proper play is check-call & repeat on the river. This gives your opponent an opportunity to bluff. He certainly isn't calling a raise with a hand that you have beat. Given he is aggressive and has made several raises from early position you can't discount the fact that he has a 6. My opponent actually check-craised all in on the turn and was in disbelief when I insta-called & flipped over the nuts. He then called me a donkey and made fun of me until our table broke up. He said he hopes I go out in 121st place (it paid 120). Needless to say I went into the money as the chip leader before busting out on 2 BRUTAL beats and my opponent missed the money. I think I played the hand to perfection. I checked the flop knowing that if a 5 came I could possibly double up. I didn't want to get check-raised off my draw to the nuts. I planned on betting half the pot at the site of any scare card on the turn or river. When it came a 5 I decided to bet the pot because if he has an ace he's not going away and if he doesn't have an ace he's folding. I am normally I tight-aggressive player but have not had much success in MTTs (only in SNGs and cash games). After reading Lindgren's book I decided to give his style a shot. For anyone who has not read the book, he makes min raises in early position w/ suited connectors, any pair, AK & AQ. Middle position he adds your normal hands and some suited 1 gappers & high suited cards and will raise about 3 times the blind. In late position he might raise with any 2 cards and raise 4 times the blind. I used to laugh when people min raised but the way he uses it is perfect. People are afraid to re-raise you so you end up getting in cheaply and taking control of the hand. I love his style and I think it works perfectly for MTTs. Every MTT I have played since using his style I have been the chip leader at 1 point or another. I have cashed in all but 1 & finished 2nd in one. I recommend this book to anyone. By the way, the early position min raise works wonders for stealing the linds. Even though I do it all the time, people seemed to think I had a high pair. Props to E-Dog.

This highlights the importance of reads, and being able to put your opponent on a range of hands. If you know you cant discount suited connectors and small pairs because of the min-raise it changes the entire play of the hand.I played around with E-dogs strategy ($20 180's at PokerStars) and didnt have nearly the success with it that you had. I found it bled away a lot of chips and never hit that big hand that made it worthwhile.You and I are probably on the opposite sides of variance on this one, and I think the higher limits you play the better results LAG strategy will have.

The beauty of is was that I hadn't shown down any of my min raise hands because people were constantly folding their blinds to me fearing a big hand!!!!!!!! I still think my opponent completely misplayed his hand. If I was in his position I would have noticed that my opponent was constantly min raising from early position. This would make him an aggressive player. Therefore, the rope-a dope stratgey is the perfect option since he's not calling a raise with any hand that we beat. I don't use the Lindgren strategy the whole time, however. If my M drops to the 10-20 range or lower I will adopt the Harrington approach. This is because the small pair and suited connectors lose a lot of implied odds. However, if I notice that my table is playing tight, then I will continue with the Lindgren approach. One final table I was at was so tight that I literally opened for 3x the lind with almost any 2 cards in any position!!!! I had 2x as many chips as anyone at my tale. One guy ended up amassing a lot of chips though (party due to me when he min bet a 3 to flush flop with bottom pair and called my push raise that I made w/ only 2 overs sensing weakness). I got into heads up with a 2-1 chip lead & noticed that every time I limped in the SB he raised me. I picked up 88 in the SB & limped, he pushed, I insta-called & he showed TT!!!!!!! Horrible luck heads up. I then lost a coin flip a few hands later for all my chips. Second place was still a nice finish thoguh.

I think your first problem with this hand is calling a raise OOP with AJo, this hand is too weak to play, especially @ these levels. So if you really think someone is bluffing I re-steal here with a reraise (but its all how you feel about it). So then you just call. I think you should lead this flop, there is a good chance that your opponent missed this flop and a good enough chance for you to take it down. Once again, if you feel that your opponent is bluffing you can take this down right here. The next problem is when the 5 comes. I think you HAVE to fire out here. Yes you will probably end up getting tied to your hand, but then you have to think when he raises you whether or not you want to risk so many of your chips on a chop pot. If he bets, I think you can smooth-call and try and keep this as cheap as possible.