killer poker online..

On friday I orderd Killer Poker Online from Amazon.co.uk. And today monday it showed up like it always does with amazon. Before I get to the book I have to give you some bakground of my poker knowledge. I've been playing online for about five years. The last two years online poker has been my only income. (except for some occational live tournament winnings) So I have read a couple of books on poker and most of them have given me something to at least think about before dissmising it or in some cases adapting it in to my style of play. So I was really looking forward to reading this book. The first chapters were only about how you couldn't make money online. This botherd me a bit but I kept on going when it said in the Introduction that this was not a book for newcomers.I have now finished the book and think it is only for newcomers to the game to read. The things this book discusses is things you learn the first few days of playing poker online. I must say that I am really disapointed with the book.And I am really sugesting NOT TO BUY THIS BOOK.If you want to read a good book on Internet Poker i suggest:Internet Texas Holdem: Winning Strategies from an Internet Pro by Matthew Hilger.I have to apologize for my English I know it is not the best in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished this book myself, although I think I got more out of it than you did. This is probably because I AM an online beginner (I've only been playing online for about 4/5 months). I think if you are just begining to play online and you want to make a profit, there are some very usefull tips that can help you adjust to the online environment. But I would love to read the book you referenced - I think I'll go buy it today.SethM - you say you earn a living online? There is a thread going right now about this very subject: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...opic.php?t=5673Can you check it out and offer some of us aspiring online pros some advise?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd agree completely. This book is only about the nuts and bolts of actually playing online instead of B&M. Anyone after a month or two of playing online should have everything that is discussed in this book down pat. But if you don't play online yet, it's not a bad book to help familiarize yourself with the differences of online play.Don't waste your money though if you already have online poker playing experience, it doesn't cover ANY strategies for playing hands.