shortstacking strategy in plo

I have played plo for a pretty short period of time at FCP and want to know what you veterans think of a specific shortstacking strategy.I have generally followed holdem buyin specs- buyin for the max so you can bust anyone who makes a mistake.I found reasonable success using this buyin of 100 at the 1-1 tables but also found it difficult to play situations after the turn and so on, because the stacks were so deep. So I decided I would try starting with only 30 dollars and trying to play any hand I played for all my chips. I followed what guide Rolf Slotboom had given on shortstack play from his articles and have had pretty good success, doubling through and more greater than 60% of the time, often cashing over 100 and leaving after that.Has anyone tried this successfully or is it just another donkey strategy that will catch up to me?

sorry I didn't describe exactly what I was doing in terms of strat. I wait for hands like aces of course, kings single suited or better, big suited connectors like KQJx and up as well as AKQ and QJT. Double paired I try to see a flop and get it in then. If I completely miss, and have only 1 or 2 opponents, I will push hard on flops like K83 rainbow and the like.

sounds reasonable strat i guess - never tried it myyself, so I dunno how well that works long run.The one thing I would say, is dont let yourself get sucked into pushing when ever u play a hand - if youre looking for places to double up, much better to wait till you have some kind of made hand/monster draw, than KJQx on a rag flop - give yourself a chance to get away from the hand if it dont look so pretty.... If youre buyin in for 30 at 1/1, theres no reason you cant try to see a few flops before committing.

That is when I have generally been making my decisions to go all the way with a hand. I make a preflop raise enough so that if I get a couple callers I will be able to get most all my money in the flop if it is favorable. I guess that is sortof the theoretical strength of this strategy: players will likely underrate your holdings if you move in on the flop because you are a shortstack and could just be pushing a big pair from preflop. I have laid down my hands a number of times on the flop when it has been bad for my hand when a player has potted into me or there are many opponents. I almost never have any considerations on the turn or river because either I am allin, I took down the pot, or I have folded.

I'm not sure if I agree with shortstack play being a good option in small stakes PLO; the majority of money I make is when somebody can't get away from the second best hand, and since you're going to double up there n0 matter what, I want to have as much money on the table as possible.Not playing strong draws if you don't have the odds and not overplaying marginal made hands is the key to holding onto your stack (for me); if you find you're going broke to often with a full buyin, you're probably doing one of the two. If you aren't comfortable, move down to the 50 or 25 until you're winning.that said, if you're making good money with a shortstack strategy, good on you. I'm just not sure it's an optimal play.

I'm not sure if I agree with shortstack play being a good option in small stakes PLO; the majority of money I make is when somebody can't get away from the second best hand, and since you're going to double up there n0 matter what, I want to have as much money on the table as possible.Not playing strong draws if you don't have the odds and not overplaying marginal made hands is the key to holding onto your stack (for me); if you find you're going broke to often with a full buyin, you're probably doing one of the two. If you aren't comfortable, move down to the 50 or 25 until you're winning.that said, if you're making good money with a shortstack strategy, good on you. I'm just not sure it's an optimal play.
good post, well said. OP: if you are nut peddling, always buy in for the max...you will regret it you dont when someone calls you down with a k high flush to your ace high flush.