sng bnakroll question

a friend of mine plays SnGs eclusively, and asked me what a proper BR was for a given buy in. I actually didn't know. I guessed 150 buyins, but figured u could get away with 100.Anyone someone give me an informed figure pls. Also whats a sustainable ROI range? 25%-30% (another guess, he plays $5+$1 and the like)If anyone had the same sort of info for MTTs that would be great, although of course i know variance is ridiculous with this. I suspect most people who play a lot of MTTs play SnGs a lot and just take stabs.thanks in advance

There is a good post on this in the sticky's at the 2+2 STT forum and a couple here recently.To summarize (from memory so it may be off a bit) SnG bankroll recommendations are usually in the 30-40 buy in range.ROI standards vary based on buy in, starting at 25-30% at the low buy ins, down to the low teens for higher buy ins ($50, $100).I havent seen anything reliable on MTTs other than vague statements that a pro might expect to have an EV of a few times the buy-in in any given tournament.

I play Sng's exclusively, and I use 40 to 50 buyins as a guideline. I have read that 30 to 40 is enough of a roll, but I want to be on the safe side. If you are good enough, I'm sure that 30 buy-ins would be plenty.I play mostly $5 and $10 and my ROI is right around 25%. The first month I kept stats on I had a ROI of 42% and thought I was a great poker player. The next month it was only 11% and my ego came back to earth.For me, sit n go's are the most profitable. I have no luck at MTT's. FYI, the number of buy-ins for MTT's is 100 to 200.

At least in my research, the higher the buy-in, the more you need. According to the 2+2 guidelines, 20 is probably adequate for the 11s, but they recommend at least 100 for the 110s and 220s. Since I've decided that I'm going to play STTs for my main game, I've decided that I'll play with 30 buy-ins at the 11s, 40 at the 22s, 50 at the 33s, 75 at the 55s, 100 at the 100s, and 200 at the 200s (I had to cash out big time so I'm working my way up as we speak).Also, does your friend want to multitable? If so adjust the ROIs slightly downward at least at the beginning.