different opponent types

I have been reading these forums for a while and I even registered a few months back but never really felt like posting until now. I decided to skip General Poker and jump straight to Strategy. But enough about me...I was wondering what types of opponents people prefer to play against and what their strategies are for exploiting the mistakes these opponents tend to make. I'll start things off... (I play mostly LHE 2/4 and 3/6)My favorite type of opponent is the classic calling station - loose passive. The bad beats can be frustrating but you know you can always get maximum value from your bets/raises, and if you get raised, it is much easier to get away from your hand against an LPP. Playing these guys all day is what defines "the grind" to me. You bet, bet, bet your strong hands and hope they don't suck out, over and over. On the other side of the coin is the maniac. I love playing these guys at lower limits when losing a 30+ BB pot won't put me on tilt. They are a lot more fun to play against than the calling stations, because you never know what they might have. It is harder for me to extract full value from my winning hands because their constant aggression tends to slow me down a bit. This is something I have been concentrating on lately, so any suggestions are welcome. I guess theoretically it doesn't matter what type of opponent you are playing with as long as you know what they are doing and how to exploit it. Ok, done rambling now.Anyone else?

I agree with you.I'm new, so I want practice against all types.Certainly calling stations are easy money. But they do frustrate the heck outta me when the suck outs pile up!.I agree most of all with your first paragraph!also, an observation:Why do posts lenhths go up inversely with the number of posts someone has?I hate work, so I type longer posts, so I'm an exception

I agree with you.I'm new, so I want practice against all types.Certainly calling stations are easy money. But they do frustrate the heck outta me when the suck outs pile up!.
Yeah, the suckouts can be brutal but I am starting to appreciate being able to see my opponent's flopped straight at showdown without ever being raised. Plus I get to feel like I make "great laydowns" when I fold TP/GK to a raise. 8)
I hate work, so I type longer posts, so I'm an exception
I hear that.