Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is BB with K:heart:, J:heart:. 1 fold, Hero calls, Button calls.Flop: (6 SB) 6:club:, 4:heart:, K:spade: (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, Button folds, SB calls.Turn: (4 BB) T:club: (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (8 BB) K:club: (2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 10 BBNo reads.Pop the river for another one or fine as played?

I probably 3-bet preflop.Does sb usually continuation bet? reads?What does sb raise pf? 10-10, ak, kk, kq, k10 possibly 44 and 66 seem like a reasonable range of hands that he could have you beat with. He may raise the turn with (if he doesn't trust you, or puts you on middle pair/bluff) jj, qq, a10,Problem is that if the sb has you beat on the turn, he still has you beat on the river, so I think 3 bet turn/fold to cap is better than raise/call river, but your line seems best.I like the river call.

Raise preflop 100%
There's been a raise, do we 3-bet this minus a read every time? I dont play shorthanded much, so I'm asking.
Yep.6 Max especially about aggression.We would super=duper love to fold the limpy-wimpy Button and get pos in the handThis is a PREMIUM hand, especially as compared to 3 other hands.Like in NL tourney, in shrt handed games, hand values go up.It's more of a battle for the blinds since you pay them half the hands.

I feel like i'm the target of most of ur sarcastic responds, but good thing public humiliation drives me to try and start not sucking at this game--so i appreciate it. I was merely saying w/o any reads, a c/r on the turn is probably a K. And since villian raised pf, his range of hands with a K is AK, KK (unlikely), KO, KJ, or K10.Ever since u clued me in on about the thing how we have to think we're right here more than 2/3 of the time, i've been more tenative to raise in this situation. Actually, that was the exact thought going through my head when the action was on me on the river.So u raise the river?

1. my sarcasm should not offend you. I'm a bitter middle aged man; but I'm doing this in jest and emphasis for your benefit. I"m trying to be down with the yutes.2. 4 handed 6 Max table, SB could have QJ :club: , AT, 99, JJ.... 45 off, Most Kings bet/raise flop. I know for a fact (just played $300 worth of .5/1 6 Max with in last 45 days) Party 6 Max''ers at .5/1 and 1/2 are often stupid aggressive with nothing. They think bettting into a solid player all the time with crap is good since "agggression wins at 6 Max"3. Yes, I raise the river. HU to the flop, you are good here well over 2/3 times against all but the real passive 6 Max'ersso, don't let my sarcasm offend you, pussy.psThe 2/3 rule works like this. If he has you beat, you almost always pay 2 more than calling (losing 2). when you are ahead, he will almost always call, sometime raise, rarely fold..for approz 1 more Bet. 1:2

I raise the river. This is often a case of a hand like A10 no longer believing we have the goods because the 2nd K hit.
Folding to a 3-bet?
Seems like this is a necessary component of raising the river, no? Unless the guy's a maniac, in which case we just butched the hand, anyway.I wouldn't raise this river unlessa) I planned on folding to a 3-betB) I had some reason to believe a river 3-bet could be K9 or worseWang
I raise the river. This is often a case of a hand like A10 no longer believing we have the goods because the 2nd K hit.
Folding to a 3-bet?
no way.
Then please don't raise this river.
well then please don't play Party .5/1 6 max.and I won't play $5/10

i must say, three things in the strat forum, in a single thread nonetheless, have made me laugh out loud.oh yeah and i might as well try to add something of some value...ps The 2/3 rule works like this. If he has you beat, you almost always pay 2 more than calling (losing 2). when you are ahead, he will almost always call, sometime raise, rarely fold..for approz 1 more Bet. 1:2wouldn't this mean we have to be more than 2/3 sure he as K9 or worse, especially since u contend we call a 3-bet?

well then please don't play Party .5/1 6 max. and I won't play $5/10
All depends how quickly I go bust. :-)
ps The 2/3 rule works like this. If he has you beat, you almost always pay 2 more than calling (losing 2). when you are ahead, he will almost always call, sometime raise, rarely fold..for approz 1 more Bet. 1:2 wouldn't this mean we have to be more than 2/3 sure he as K9 or worse, especially since u contend we call a 3-bet?
Yeah. If you raise/fold, you have to think you have a bit better than a 50% of chance. If you raise/call, you have to be good more than 2/3's of the time. I don't think you are good here often enough to raise/call this river. Raise/fold maybe, but not raise/call.Anyway, I think just calling this river may be best. Half the Kx combinations that had you beat on the turn are now gone, but I still don't think you're good here >50% of the time necessary to bet/fold.