value bet or check to induce bluff

incredibly good loose passive 30 at bellagio thurs. night.4 limps. i call in sb with 99. 6 to the flopflop: AA4 with 2 spade.I check EP player bets, button(the only other aggressive player at the table who plays moderately well though tends to spew at time on the turn) raises, I 3-bet and get heads up.Turn: offsuit 7.I bet, call.River: offsuit 6.easy value bet or check to induce a bluff?

Guest Zach6668
If you check, and he bets, are you raising for value?
no, because i wont be called with hands she bluffs with and there are too many hands I am behind here.
If you bet the river, would you fold or call to his raise?
no, because i wont be called with hands she bluffs with and there are too many hands I am behind here.
you have to fold, which is why we check here, cause many hands that he won't call with will try to bluff this while many that will call will have us smoked and possibly raise. no point in trying to out play ourselves here
Guest Zach6668
you have to fold, which is why we check here, cause many hands that he won't call with will try to bluff this while many that will call will have us smoked and possibly raise. no point in trying to out play ourselves here
That is what I figured. I'm with you on checking then. We don't play like this in the micro leagues though .. :club:
Guest Zach6668

What would he bet here that you beat, actually? All I can see is a busted flush draw, or maybe a 4, 6, 7, although they aren't too likely at this point. Maybe 55, or 88, but there isn't much that we beat here. The more I think about it, check/calling is definitely the best play. And it makes much more sense than betting.Zach

i think a check/call is not the best value play. it is too easy for him to check behind with a lower pair that he would otherwise call with.as kdawg said though, you'd need an excellent read to bet/fold.i think a bet/call isn't bad here. if he had an ace and was an aggressive player, i think he raises on the turn. by no means does he have an extremely strong hand here, unless he hit a boat with a set, since OP's check-reraise signals a lot of strength. if anything, i think he only calls you there with a suited ace or whatever crap he limped on the button with.i think you bet/call and are almost better off if he raises, since i think it is unlikely he has an extremely strong hand that he was saving to the river to raise. and while he might not call you with a ton of hands you are ahead of, i think you get more value than allowing him to check behind with his middle pair (pocket or otherwise).daniel

i think a check/call is not the best value play.  it is too easy for him to check behind with a lower pair that he would otherwise call with.
I think this is a missed draw so often that a check gains value. I think the only hands we miss value from are 33/55/88, and they might go ahead and fire anyway.Also, we could be against TT here, if the buton likes limping it in multiway pots. Lots of players with busted draws here take a shot at the big pot, so I like the check/call.Ice