did i over play this hand?

SB (9700)BB (7500)UTG(8200)Mp1(2800)Other(5500)Hero (5800)MP2(8800)Button (5200)Preflop: UTG folds, Mp1 calls 200, Other folds, Hero calls 200[Ah][Jd], Mp2 raises to 700, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Mp1 calls, Hero callsFlop: (2400) [Jh], [6h], [2h] (3 players)Mp1 checks, Hero bets 1500, Mp2 calls, Mp1 folds.Turn: (5400) [9d] (2 players)Hero checks goes allin 3800, MP1 calls [Kh][Ks]River: (13000) [Ts] (2 players)Final Pot: 13000Mp1 wins pot, Hero busted out with tail between legsI had a feeling once he called 1500 on the flop he had QQ or KK with the K or Q of hearts but he is a tight player who doesnt like to gamble early in a tournament for a big pot without a really big hand, plus he knew I would play a small flush the same way. I had decided lately that I want to force people to make tougher decisions and felt like this was a good time to semi bluff. Is this a really bad play?

Once he calls the 1500 I dont think you have much hope of continuing the bluff. You priced out two overcards, so he either has an overpair to the board or a pair and a flush draw (or both). Youre laying him 2.5:1 to find 0ut if you flopped a flush that is less than a 5% shot.

If you truly knew that he had to have KK or QQ with the heart, then yes, this was a bad play. You bet it very, very strong--are you sure that this is the way you normally play a made flush? "Bluffing larger amounts than you value bet with the hand you're representing isn't a very good strategy." -- Jerrod AnkenmanI would have led the flop for about what you did. If you get raised, it's perfectly fine to jam it in with the nut flush draw and TPTK. It's tough to be a significant dog in that situation on the flop -- you're very nearly even-money against KhKx with two to come. If it doesn't work out that way and you just get called, check the turn and hope he bets an amount that you can call to draw to the flush. You still have a pretty decent draw with some implied odds if he's got KhKx or QhQx.You know the situation better than I do, but I have to ask if you really knew that he had KhKx or QhQx. You may be letting the results override what you thought during the hand. I still do that from time to time, but I usually post questions when I'm unsure--it helps me stay realistic when I'm thinking, "Man, it was only the nut full house... he just HAD to have quads there..."

I was convinced he had KK or QQ becuase he is a tight player and I knew he was raising with eithier a strong Ace or a PP and I elimated a strong Ace when he called on the flop because he wouldnt call without a pair or flush draw and I had the Ace hearts. That left a pair with a heart in my mind I doubted he would call 1500 with an underpair and a weak flush draw. I try not to play hands the same way sometimes I might slow play a small flush and other times I will try and push hard depending on the size of the pot and situation, but I dont want to play hands the same way and make it easier to read me. I also felt like if I checked the turn he might push allin if he felt like I was on a draw, then I have to make the tough decision (fold).Like I said I feel like I let alot of these types of pots go when I know I might be behind but I have a strong draw by check calling and feel like Im letting my opponents off the hook by not forcing them to make tougher decisions and put their tourneys on the line but at the same time when it doesnt work I end up getting knocked out.I guess I need to have better timing and make these plays when my opponent has a weaker hand and force a tougher decision. Im trying to learn how to play more aggressive but just not too good at it.Thanks for the feedback.