i'm cursed against this hand...

The last few times I have picked up AA I have raised 2-3x bb and get one or a few callers. I eventually lose to K6 every time. This K6 kills every hand I seem to pick up. We were playing a home game and my brother had AA and got beaten by K6. It seems like a family curse. Does anyone else think they just can't beat a certain hand? :?:

haha... i knew a kid who loved K 6.... but anyway, you arent raising nearly enough pre flop... if they wanna call with rags, pump it up to 4 or 5x... post a HH of when this happened if possible. .maybe you are playing too passive

The last few times I have picked up AA I have raised 2-3x bb and get one or a few callers. I eventually lose to K6 every time. This K6 kills every hand I seem to pick up. We were playing a home game and my brother had AA and got beaten by K6. It seems like a family curse. Does anyone else think they just can't beat a certain hand? :?:
Just hope they keep playing K6, you will take their money.

This is funny, because I had a run of about 5 or 6 times where I had AA or KK and each time lost to 44. The hand that I am in a rut with now is AQ. I have lost it about the last 10 times, 9 of which have been to AK. Now I know why Doyle seems to say he never plays AQ. Although I saw him on TV playing it a couple of times :D

This is funny, because I had a run of about 5 or 6 times where I had AA or KK and each time lost to 44. The hand that I am in a rut with now is AQ. I have lost it about the last 10 times, 9 of which have been to AK. Now I know why Doyle seems to say he never plays AQ. Although I saw him on TV playing it a couple of times :D
if you keep losing to AK in NL you're probly overplaying it.... in limit, that just sucks..in a tournament, you have to play it agressively... but in a NL ring game, i cant stand the hand.

Funny that you said K6. In my home game last week, I was shorts stacked with 3 players left in SB. Dealer called, I went all in with :clubsk: :clubs6: against the dealer who called my all-in with AA. I pulled 3 clubs and beat him, then knocked him out a few hands later.

This is funny, because I had a run of about 5 or 6 times where I had AA or KK and each time lost to 44.  The hand that I am in a rut with now is AQ. I have lost it about the last 10 times, 9 of which have been to AK. Now I know why Doyle seems to say he never plays AQ. Although I saw him on TV playing it a couple of times  :D
if you keep losing to AK in NL you're probly overplaying it.... in limit, that just sucks..in a tournament, you have to play it agressively... but in a NL ring game, i cant stand the hand.
Thanks Jay, I think I might have played against you a few times. Anyway, it's in limit, I don't like to overplay AQ in NL, But limit, you just call all the way down if the A hits and then you see AK, what are you going to do? The worst is when the AJ guy keeps raising and you know you have him beat, but the call station has AK :-)

I wouldn't ever raise only 2x BB with AA, you'll get calls with all kinda of crap. Raise 5-6X and you'll still get a call or two most likely, and losing with AA and KK seems like they come in streaks. It will all even out over time trust me, I was on a streak in Dec and Jan where I didn't win with KK like 10 times in a row unless everyone folded preflop. Its very frustrating.

yeah.. limit, you are just gonna have to lose bets...where did you see me before??? just outta curiosity
At paradise poker.
yeah... over the summer i absolutely killed on the NL 100s... i took screenshots of all the big pots i won back then so maybe i have one with you at the table.. lol

:heartsk: :hearts6: is my fav hand. I dunno why tho. Really any time I get this hand I try and play it. I win sometimes with it too, some pretty good pots. I also like to play it to change my image at the table, b/c at my local B&M people tend to not give me as much action as I want b/c I play pretty darn tight.NL tho I have had some fun playing low limit w/ :clubs4: :diamonds7: . Weird how those 2 hands work for me more the 50% of the time that I play them.Just me tho

I welcome anyone who wants to play K6 against my AA. When they beat me, I'll be happy for them; I'll encourage them to keep up the good work. Maybe they'll win with it a few times in a row. That would be really cool. I would proclaim that indeed K6 is the rocket killer. Kryptonite.Then I'd offer them 2-1 to play the rocket killer against my rockets 100 times at $100 a hand. Rocket killer, indeed.-CaptDrew

I welcome anyone who wants to play K6 against my AA.  When they beat me, I'll be happy for them;  I'll encourage them to keep up the good work.  Maybe they'll win with it a few times in a row.  That would be really cool.  I would proclaim that indeed K6 is the rocket killer.  Then I'd offer them 2-1 to play the rocket killer against my rockets 100 times at $100 a hand.  
You're on...jk. We had a crazy amount of AA at my place the night I won with K6. 9 player tourny, they came up like 9-10 times. That was the only time they lost. The "win a small pot, or lose a big pot" was true, cause all the other times, people well relatively small pots.