seems like a good ?

To all the vets especially, you know, those who make money playing this game..hahaha. What is a more desirable stat, say, on stars. Would one rather have a massive showdown percentage, or many pots won without showdown? Which would speak more to the quality of your game, or the leaks that lie within??Cheers

I always compare: (a) total flops seen to (B) the SUM of - number of showdowns won and - number of hands won without showdownLater on in a good tournement, my (B) hands can meet or exceed my (a) hands (because I'm controlling the table and picking up a lot of pots pre-flop)To me this gives a rough feel to comparing how many hands I like at the onset (i.e. I see a flop) to how many hands I actually take down. CheersMerby

I think it depends on your game, are you playing limit or no limit, just hold em, or stud/ Omaha, ring our tournies?
the question refers to NL ring games, sorry. I'm partial to take the majority of pots without showdown. You can build a nice profit stealing little ones here and there...suggestions.
I don't have a good answer for you, I don't play much ring NL, but I'm interested in hearing what others think of this.
Lol..me too man, can't seem to get much love from the peanut gallery.
if your tight in a mtt you should have about 1 to 1. if your aggresive you should win about double the pots without showdown, then at showdown imo of course. i'd like to hear input
cash games should be 2 to 1 for stealing without showdowns. 3 to 1 if your aggresive

I'll help you out....If you have alot of showdowns in NL...it means that your table image is shat.If you win alot of pots without ever showing your cards....you have a table image that is intact and respected.If you always have to have a hand to win a pot in NL ....you are in serious trouble....so that is why it is very important to have everybody at your table "perceive" you as TIGHT AGGRESSIVE.You can be lag.....but you better know how to be lag.