$/hr and roi comparison

I remeber questions like this getting asked a lot in the General forum, but the answers aren't usually very good. If you are playing poker for money, you probably should try and make the most money per hour whatever game you choose to play. Another consideration could be return on investment if you have a small bankroll.So my question is, assuming near-expert play, what are sustainable winrates for the various games, multi-table tournaments, and sit and gos? Of course this will vary with the stakes. To tranlate these winrates into $/hr, we need to know how many table a player can realistically play simultaneously and how multitabling affects winrate. Finally, to ensure long-term viability, we need to figure out the bankroll required to play the selected game and stakes at a very low (say 0.5%) risk of ruin.I'm most familiar with limit hold'em, so I'll posit the following numbers as educated guesses.Playing one table of at a full ring game, you could win 3BB/100 at low limits (maybe 2/4 and lower) and 2BB/100 at mid limits (say 5/10 or 15/30). Bankroll requirements are around 300BB. We'll see about a hand a minute, so our hourly winrate is 1.8BB/hour at low limits and 1.2BB/hour at mid limits. As a percentage of a bankroll, we are earning 0.06% an hour at low limits and 0.04% an hour at mid limits.I'm hoping others can discuss winrates for NL, SNGs, MTTs, and games other than hold'em. I saw a thread in the NL forum saying you could win 8PTBB/100 at low-limit (1/2 and 2/4) games. I guess this means $16 per 100 hands at 1/2.We also need some info on short-handed play.

ill give it a try with SNGs as thats what i know most about:according to sheets, one of the best SNG players on the net your ROI in SNGs goes down considerably going from 4-6 tables to 8 tables. lets use 4 tabling as the best $/hour. lets use a 30 buy-in bankroll requirement and lets say we make 15% ROI (conservative but reasonable estimate at higher stakes where pros play). Using data on SNGs ive played the average one take around 40 minutes or 0.67 hours. according to zeejustins statistics on his quest located here, his average SNG took 0.797 hours or 47.8 minutes. im gonna go with his numbers since hes a pro and im not and his sample size is larger than mine.our profit in BR/ hour equates to [(BR/30)(0.15)(4)]/(0.797) = 0.02509 = 2.5% lets say we 8 tabled with a 10% ROI (est.). that would give us [(BR/30)(0.10)(8)]/(0.797) = 0.03346 or 3.3%note: the average hours per SNG number could be flawed if in fact zeejustin didnt 8-table all of them like he said he was going to. also the ROIs are rough estimates. because of that id say that 3% (+-1%) is as close to being significant as possible.anyone wanna check my math?