poker superstars-much ado about nothing??

The entry fee was $400,000 for eight players and winner got a million hmm. First of all they sometimes told you about the buy in and first prize but I never heard them mention in any of the shows what the other pay outs were. When I first heard about the entry fee I was like WOW. But give me a break was it really that amazing?So evidently the other 2.2 million was divided between the other seven spots. Don't get me wrong, 400 grand is a ton of money but was it worth all that hype? Anyone know the actual pay outs for the other spots?

I am pretty sure this is the correct payout format. the winner of each series of round 1 (2 series) won 400k.winner of the final event of round 1.....800kwinner of each series of round 2 (2 series) won 400kwinner of final round of round 2......800kCHAMPIONSHIP WINNER......1 MILLION So basically the 3.2 million put up by the players was distributed through the first two rounds and the palms put up the 1 mill for the finals! here are the results of the previous rounds if you are interested:round 1 series 1 - howard lederer series 2 - gus hansen championship - gus hansen round 2 series 1 - howard lederer series 2 - barry greinstien championship - howard ledererAnd Gus won the final event that was aired yesterday!!

For some reason I remember Chris Rose saying that there was 7 rounds of play. I know that on Fox they only showed 2, so I am wondering did I miss hear or misunderstand?I think I may have to go pop in the first round tape again and see what I thought I heard.Also mrnuts where did you get that payout scale? Did you make that up? Thanks for the clarification in advance.I would also think that this show WILL be aired again MANY times on Fox rather then NBC. remeber last year and the "Battle of Champions." The travel channel has aired that one in its run of season 2 reruns.BTW I only caught a glimpse of the Finale on NBC so it may have been talked about during that show. So sorry if I did not catch this. :?

FSN/NBC do a bad job explaining their tournament structure and advertizing their show.Gus was the luckiest dog I have ever seen at that final table.E-Dog did a great job at doing the color comentary.

For some reason I remember Chris Rose saying that there was 7 rounds of play. I know that on Fox they only showed 2, so I am wondering did I miss hear or misunderstand?
yes there were seven rounds: series 1 round 1 round 2, series 1 finale. series 2 round 1 round 2 series 2 finale. And of course the big final