short vegas trip story

Went to vegas for a bachelor party in mid-October. After a short session @ Bally's poker room we headed over to the Bellagio to put some $$ down for the college/pro football weekend when we notice the big game going on in the back (Doyle, Farha, Chau, Chan, Forrest, Ivey, Hansen). We head toward the back room and saw the floor guy bringing chips into Farha, asked the guy how it was going in there....said Sammy was stuck over 600K for the night (not uncommon.. but ouch). The same bunch was playing the following night, as we walked up to the poker room we bump into Gus.. when asked how it was going... he replied "not good" as he was heading to catch a flight (w/ his pockets a bit lighter it seemed from the expression on his face).The craziest part of the whole trip was when we hit the strip clubs...get into scores about 8pm on Sunday, grab a table...look over a see Josh Arieh and Erick Lindgren enjoying the show. Shake hands (offer congrats to Josh on the bracelet) and have a drink ($14 = red bull + vodka) with them before we headed off to the rhino. Both were friendly & pretty cool cats living the good life of 2 young, rich, successful gamblers.Oh yeah...took about 800 off a few of the locals wearing sunglasses @ the 4/8 tables @ Bellagio. 8) good times,j

I'll speak for that...4-8 at Bellagio is a joke. Tons of locals who are just good enough to give you their money. I tried 8 16 after killing 4 8 when I was there and Id rather play 4 8. Its almost as big of donkfest as the WSOP main event.

Donk fest is correct. I would guess a lot of people play there because they think they are "players", not to say that i am, but it is funny looking across the table at people in their oakleys and hooded sweatshirts who can hardly hold thier head up when they ask to re-load for the 3rd time in 2 hours. Some tables were so juicy that I just didnt want to get up.One of my last hands.......Had 1 local guy try the "dark check" move slow playing aces on the flop, ran into my trip 10's.... "racks please!" :club: I cant wait to get back out there and hit the new rooms @ Ceasers, New York, etc... The fish will be swimming there as well.j

I also can confirm that the 4-8 is cake at the Bellagio, its quite possibly some of the worst play ever. You'll also hear some great stories, I'll never forget the guy that told me that Juanda was his coach and that he often plays in that game. I couldn't help but call him a liar and berate him, overall it was a good time.

HA HA...yeah Bellagio 4 8 is the most fun game in Vegas actually, you will have fun playing that game. One guy told me that if I took another pot from him he was going to call Phil Ivey!!...because apparently they were really good friends. God I cant wait to get back there.