hey daniel: what was ur first big win?

We all start from the low stakes so when was your first big win / cash out? Whats the most money you have ever won in a game/tournament?I just think its crazy the money the pros play with. Inspires people like me to cash out everything to my name and go play a big stake game and either hit or call Tony Soprano to whack me. lol.

i also wanted to say thats awesome your active on your site, most people that have a fan based are not very active on their own sites...so thanks for the time to come here..i dont post much on your forums but visit ur site often

ha ha ha....too funny!I know what you asking though and I was wondering the same thing.Daniel, what we're asking is this:What was the first big pot that you won that gave you a big enough bankroll to say "Okay....now I can really start playing professionally"?Did you start out in a small NL tournament ($500 or something) and win like $50,000?? Or did you win big in a cash game?

ha ha ha....too funny!I know what you asking though and I was wondering the same thing.Daniel, what we're asking is this:What was the first big pot that you won that gave you a big enough bankroll to say "Okay....now I can really start playing professionally"?Did you start out in a small NL tournament ($500 or something) and win like $50,000?? Or did you win big in a cash game?
Some of Daniel's earlier articles from CardPlayer describe the process by which he became a pro. If I remember right, he started off hustling pool, then moved on to poker later. He played in some home games, then eventually moved up to play in 10/20 charity games. He made a trip to Vegas, got wiped out, went home, went back to the grind some more, then eventually went back to Vegas. It didn't sound like there was really a single win that made him decide to be a pro, though I don't want to speak for him. I would recommend that you go to cardplayer.com and search the archives if you want to know more.

I remember reading this as well, that he'd build a bankroll by working, then goto Vegas play until he was bust and go back and work until he had enough to go back again. I am sure that there is a few cash games or maybe a tournament or two that put him over the edge though. I am pretty sure DN won a few big pro events in the late 90s too - US Open I think?? Can't remember of the top of my head when that victory was, but I remember seeing the footage of that a while back on ESPN Classics.